• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

"The Scovie Chronic-le"

The Hot Pepper said:
SL's box wine store? :lol:

No Boxen in that store!  But it is a really cool store!  I'm too skeered to venture into the wine cellar.  I'll let my -coughwhinesnobcough-
outlaws let me know if it's a good wine store or not.

On poached eggs, we used a small but tall sided sauce pan for individual orders. 

Scovie....did you make your own corned beef??????? or used the prepared corned beef to make your own hash?  just sayin' cus we are scarfing on that homemade corned brisket.   I'm amazed how easy and how GOOD it is to brine a bit of beef.  That's the only diff to what is on the plastic packages. 

BUT!  I'd still maw down on some fresh cooked corned beef hash made with commercial corned beef.  Better than that CBHash-in-a-can!!!!

I have actually ordered canned corned beef hash in a restaurant  served with fried eggs and toast cuz I was jonesing for it.  One of those hungover moments.....

Ashen said:
On poached does anyone else do the water swirl before dropping in the eggs? Stir til you get a vortex then drop in centre , the spinning water pulls the whites in tight , also moved it enough that it doesn't stick to the bottom before the outside sets
Never tried the swirl method but it doesn't sound friendly for doing multiple eggs in one pan. ?¿

Scoville DeVille said:
Never tried the swirl method but it doesn't sound friendly for doing multiple eggs in one pan. ?¿
i think you are right in the video I just posted he shows that method for a single egg

Scoville DeVille said:

It is slightly challenging but i do up to 3 eggs at a time and keep the swirling.

It also helps to direct the swirl over the eggs every few strokes....this gets them done uniformly vs have a yellow spot that didn't set while everything else turns white.

and don't forget the 2-3 TBLS of white vin in the water to set the eggs.

Friggen delicious!

IMG_1388.JPG

IMG_1390.JPG

IMG_1392.JPG

Oh my. I just turned on Americas Test Kitchen and she made the best damm baked potato I have ever seen. I am posting this here for reference but you can bet your hoo-ha I will be doing it this way from now on!

Brine, 2Tbs Salt. ½ C water.
Poke a fork in the potato about 6-8 times and roll in the brine to "wet" it with the brine (they brined them for up to an hour and found that 3 seconds was all that was necessary).

Bake at 450° F for 45-60 minutes until internal temp is 205° F

Take out of oven and brush with vegetable oil. Not butter. Back in the oven for 10 minutes.

Remove from oven and immediately cut and X to open them up. Don't let them sit.

Perfect crispy skin and fluffy inside.

Sofa King Awesome!

They made a topper that was 4 oz Goat cheese, 2 Tbs EVOO, 2 Tbs Parsley, 1 Tbs Shallots, ½ tsp Lemon zest. Season to taste with S&P.

Back