• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

"The Scovie Chronic-le"

OopAule.jpg

JFkaDNw.jpg

s1OEoIj.jpg

Huh. I leave them in the fridge until the last minute so the core stays cool. S&P about 20 minutes before cook then back in the fridge. I have even been known to put them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. The inside won't cook as fast and the outside can get all crusty.

It's probably not the right way to do it but, that's just me.

Scoville DeVille said:
Huh. I leave them in the fridge until the last minute so the core stays cool. S&P about 20 minutes before cook then back in the fridge. I have even been known to put them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. The inside won't cook as fast and the outside can get all crusty.

Well - I like that method, for one ...

:cheers:

hogleg said:
IMPECCABLE!!  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling: I'm on Mo's side btw. Steaks should be room temp before hitting the grill

silly cold core nonsense :rolleyes:   :high:

Transcontinental high five coming your way, Jose. :cheers:   Room temp is where it's at. Who wants cool meat on the inside? :whistle: My steak was plenty rare, but also juicy, well rendered and so tender old folk don't even need to put their teeth in! :cool:
     I'm a big fan of grilled prime rib. Even though it's usually not as rare as I like, it can't be beat for flavor, juicinesszecczzxxt and tenderness. And that flavor! :clap:   But I'm not about to make a whole rib roast at home. Not even on a Sunday. This is as close to that supper club prime rib experience as I can get at home without going full bore.
     Thanks for the kind words!

Scoville DeVille said:

Scoville DeVille said:

That escalated quickly :lol:

Ashen said:
I have tried dry brining a few times , works ok on pork and chicken but I just can't get around the texture change when it is done on beef. Even with pork or chicken I prefer a flavoured 10% injection brine

What does it do to the texture of your beouf?

Back