• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

"The Scovie Chronic-le"

From inside the Salsa Kitchen-
IMG_5013.JPG

The main entry- TG for electric snow melt mats!!!!!  OTherwise we'd be hacking through 15' of snow/ice as it slides off the roof-
IMG_5014.JPG

The back deck, after the rain melted a bunch.  It was touching the roof-
IMG_5015.JPG

The Kitchen Window----
IMG_5018.JPG

Yep, that's a dog at window level.  The burm has shrunk to only 6' tall.

Great pics, we have similar amounts here, 2' of snow means the winds can gather 6'+ drifts, we have some huge drifts, plus when they plow the roads it builds mountains on the sides of the roads that gather exhaust and turn black and don't melt until spring hahahaha sucks....

Our snow plow service arrived with 2 plow trucks and a back hoe.  Took 'em about an hour total to get it all under control.  Good thing we're on the barter system with them!  ;) 

It's fun as hell in a blizzard and everything is shut down done it many times it's like a ghost town so cool................

CJ- I'm feeling the same way, haven't seen this amount of snow accumulation in a decade or more.  John found a post on the BB with listings of the total accumulations for the past 20 years, but it just hasn't come about like what we are dealing with.  And now we have the June-uary thaw.....  Rotten snow everywhere.....

My arms are sore. I already had some tennis elbow going on before this, but now.. geesh. Better get another drink or five and some more Aleve. Oh and no CJ the plow never came back. I hope they come by before morning. I am going to have to do a bunch more shoveling tomorrow to get Heather's car back in the driveway and get to truck. Then there's the neighbor's driveway/sidewalk and I have to get all this done so I can sleep before I go to work at 5. Fingers crossed that they remain closed so I don't have to go in tomorrow night.

Boss- it's the "happens occasionally" fun factor.  We feel the same way on the first snow and even to the first 18" of plowed snow.......

after that.......  F#@K that!  Don't want to dig out the garage and walkways AGAIN!!!!!

Aight,,, I'm whining a little.... guess I'll just re-wine and feel better. 

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day, I'm doing another Making Hot Sauce class at the local Grange hall!  Already had a monkey wrench to deal with when the 5# of fresh Thai chiles I ordered expecting them to be red chiles arrives as 5# of GREEN Thai chiles.  I'm putting it out to the class to figure out what to do with 'em.  :lol: 

Only one thing to do about whining. RE-WINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u doing it right.

ur the master.

we could all learn a thing or 2

JayT- get them IB's rocking. (ibuoprofin)....
This morning we had to push the 'Kid's Jetta all the way out of the driveway.  And since snow blizzards aren't normal in your area.....Milk it for what it's worth!

Tell the  boss you can't get up the 50' incline that is your driveway....(but you can make it out to the store for antoher Boxen!!!  ;)  ;)  )

wait Salsa Kid has a Jetta???

TIME FLIES

I remember him in diapers.... not really but I do remember worrying about people using the F word on here, Salsa Kid was one reason for the F word filter... hehehehehehehe!

Yep, the Kid has a Jetta ...
and a '78 Dodge Powerwagon that survived the Carlton Complex Firestorm of 2014. 

(both are still in my name for now~)

and he still has trouble saying the 'F' word......  which is a good thing...

hahahaha the f word around Evan? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I have known him since he was 3. Between me and his uncle Rob, he is fully aware of how contractors and rugby players speak. Not even talking about his dad Salsa Dude. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yea, he's heard all that... but he won't say it himself. 

Today he was saying someone called someone else "OFF"... as in...(quote)  "Old Fat F~  well, you can figure out the rest..."

True story, that was his words.

now, I have heard him talking to his Homies in online games......(can't say the same etiquite applies...)

YEP!  17!

didn't know it until yesterday he has the same burfday as Wilbur Scoville.  He's not embracing that connection...... yet.....

salsalady said:
JayT- get them IB's rocking. (ibuoprofin)....
This morning we had to push the 'Kid's Jetta all the way out of the driveway.  And since snow blizzards aren't normal in your area.....Milk it for what it's worth!

Tell the  boss you can't get up the 50' incline that is your driveway....(but you can make it out to the store for antoher Boxen!!!  ;)  ;)  )
I don't even speak to any boss. They have a call center that you call in to that is automated. You can call off anytime you want, but you get a point. I am trying not to do that as it can affect you in regards for applying for another position. I had to take two occurrences since I have been there due to my gastritis, which is fine (I get six), but I really don't want to call off any more than I have to. Plus Sundays are time and a half so I would miss out on about $400 if I don't work tomorrow night.

Back