• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Insects!!

extracted from link

News - Man slaughters aphids with insecticide
aphidslaughter.jpg

Man slaughters aphids with insecticide

Aphid lovers all over the world were in mourning yesterday after it was revealed that a Norwich man sprayed insecticide on a rose bush in his garden killing hundreds of aphids in cold blood.

Initial reports had given some hope that some survivors might emerge from amongst the carnage, but by sunset last night it was clear that all hope was gone.

No-one is quite certain what motivated the man to go on such a brutal killing spree, but neighbours have suggested it may be related to his fascination with roses and an upcoming flower show. Plant fetishes have often been implicated in previous notorious aphid massacres.

Distraught relatives and friends of the victims gathered on nearby branches in a mass outpouring of grief. Many had witnessed the attack, but could only look on in horror as those rushing in to help the injured themselves become victims of the poisonous chemicals.

The SPCI is campaigning for the new Insect Welfare Bill to become law, which would for the first time protect millions of insects and other invertebrates from enduring serious ongoing neglect and cruelty each year, by legally obliging people to care for insects properly.

Yup thats a good one, I'm glad that there was no cameras around when a big 5 inch praying Mantis decided to use my face for a landing pad this summer, had to go and take a pill when all the carnage was over.
George W. :eek:

Yup thats a good one, I'm glad that there was no cameras around when a big 5 inch praying Mantis decided to use my face for a landing pad this summer, had to go and take a pill when all the carnage was over.
George W. :eek:

You.... or the mantis?
:lol:

Some of both, I almost lost it when that big sucker landed on my face.
There is nothing more scary than having a big flying insect land on your face especially if it bites, darn thing nearly cause me to fill my shorts. :eek:
George W.

Back