• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Subway Foot-long Face-off Challenge

-----------------------------------​

Now y'all remember: the deadline is 5:00 PM PST.

I still have to create a voting topic. The rules of voting must be carefully explained. This isn't a poll - it's 3 categories of voting, and the number of competitors will determine the amount of points awarded for each category.

Keeping that in mind, it is my hope to have the topic posted by 5:30 PM PST, however I reserve the right to lag and post it by 6, because that's how I roll. So there. :woohoo:

Well, it was worth a try....as a side note, StupidJerk sent me some superhot powder simply labeled "Danger"....
So as I wait for videos, my 16 yr old boy and I each tasted a pinch :)
It was hot...lol
No way could I eat 15 habbies on a sandwich!!!

I still have to create a voting topic. The rules of voting must be carefully explained. This isn't a poll - it's 3 categories of voting, and the number of competitors will determine the amount of points awarded for each category.

Keeping that in mind, it is my hope to have the topic posted by 5:30 PM PST, however I reserve the right to lag and post it by 6, because that's how I roll. So there. :woohoo:

Waaaa waaaa waaaaa.....
I guess I will console myself staring at my germination trays, and then reading a book on bonzai plant techniques, in preperation for the Bonchi Challenge.....

Thanks for all the hard work you have put in setting this contest up for all of us to have fun with. Excited to see everyone's videos.

LDHS, The kid and I are traveling right now and will be going to see the Harlem Globetrotters play this evening, and I won't have time to watch all the vids until we get back to the hotel around 10:00 PST and since I am one of the prize donors, I think you should wait until 10:00 to post the vids!

:P

OK folks, here's the deal. We have some weather and it is messing with people's internet connections. For uploading big videos, that's a bad thing. I checked the weather reports, and I do not believe this to be bullshit. I have time-stamped evidence that they completed their challenge before the deadline (I received the partial vid at 1:58 PM PST)

I am *officially* going to make everyone mad by making an executive decision to extend the deadline until 6:00 PM. I will have the topic posted by 6:30 PM PST. I know - you all hate me and I suck eggs, and yada yada yada.

Sorry - I hate to see anyone DQ'd for something totally beyond their control, especially when they had it done.

Thank you all for your understanding (or lack thereof?). I promise you it will not be extended again.

Updated list of contestants:

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]1. sudostahp[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] Weak[/background]
post-2-0-08262000-1302064301.jpg

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]2. Jamison[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]3. detroitgirl77[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]4. Heatinthecold[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]5. The Biz[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]6. ToxicRVA [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Weak[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]7. heathman83 [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Weak[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]8. HabaneroHeat81[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]9. compmodder26[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]10. DarthPepper[/background]

Just give it another 24 hours. Is it all really that important?

Some of us have shit to do tomorrow evening, so yes. :shh:

:rofl:

Done!

I've yet to hear anything from Heatinthecold - he's getting dangerously close to earning his own crown.

Worse, he'll get the undistinguished "JCR award" for bowing out without a peep.

come 9 oclock here on the ranch,a man needs to be going to bed.

Yes, but what do you need to do? :dance:

That's it! Deadline is in. I'll start formatting the rules topic. Will have it posted in the next 30 mins. Hopefully we have a solid 6 competitors.

BTW, Heatinthecold is the only official "no call/no show".

Public shaming is in order, so there it is. Done.

And then there were 5.
:(

3. detroitgirl77

Ice storms, snow, internet is up & down. Power surges causing her modem to hiccup. Sucks.

As mentioned, I've seen proof that at 1:58 PM today she had the video done. I will leave it up to the good folks at THP to decide if we can allow her video to be posted over the next 24 hours. Of course there are 72 hours for voting, so that should not be an issue. It's hard to DQ her when she was finished by the deadline. Not my call this time. Please post your thoughts.

Meanwhile I will post the other 5 videos. Y'all's chances have DOUBLED in the last 3 days. :doh:

I hate the weather here. I am officially out since we lost power just as my video was almost finished uploading. Just gonna concentrate on trying to keep warm without any heat.

Once I get power back, I'll upload my vid and post it ASAP.

And then there were 5.

3. detroitgirl77

Ice storms, snow, internet is up & down. Power surges causing her modem to hiccup. Sucks.

As mentioned, I've seen proof that at 1:58 PM today she had the video done. I will leave it up to the good folks at THP to decide if we can allow her video to be posted over the next 24 hours. Of course there are 72 hours for voting, so that should not be an issue. It's hard to DQ her when she was finished by the deadline. Not my call this time. Please post your thoughts.

Meanwhile I will post the other 5 videos. Y'all's chances have DOUBLED in the last 3 days. :doh:

That would be great if you all were ok with that. Thanks LDHS for asking everyone if its ok. If not, I will still post my vid for entertainment value.

Back