• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

the tea thread/ tea of the day thread.

L-I-P-T-O-N....cup and a half of sugar to the gallon and a wedge of lemon......ON ICE.......hot tea...crazy internationals :crazy:;)

Have to admire people who become collectors of a beverage. I'll eat anything coming and going but when it comes to tea... I'm strickly from the SE of the USA

more pictures!!!!!!!

i decided to make some extra green genmaicha
007-13.jpg

mmmm greeen.
009-10.jpg

ok so i re-vamped my matcha method.

1 sunday spoon.
011-4.jpg

make paste
012-6.jpg

120ml of water (twice what i used to use)
013-4.jpg

extreme froth! theres like a 1/4'' of foam on there
014-4.jpg

all of this in a matter of half hour... im buzzed.

Well I'll say this N_FF, judging by the shaving and your tea, when you do something you go big! Pretty elaborate set up.

Pretty much just have a bunch of regular old black teas 'round here. Have some other stuff too, like Chrysanthemum and Artichoke teas. Allegedly good for the liver. God knows it needs all the help it can get.

boutros said:
Well I'll say this N_FF, judging by the shaving and your tea, when you do something you go big! Pretty elaborate set up.

AJ will look like a n00b once N_FF starts growing chiles:lol:

ok - the answer to my trivia question - why do Oriental tea cups have no handle on them?

if the cup is too hot to hold, it is too hot to drink

mvinson said:
ok - the answer to my trivia question - why do Oriental tea cups have no handle on them?

if the cup is too hot to hold, it is too hot to drink

i'v got cast iron cups though.... so anything above 50c is too hot to hold.

neither am i but i enjoy it so i try and find out as much as possible and sample as much as possible so that one day i may know what im talking about.

i have no way of discribing this one. is it a green is it a white? is it a superlight oolong?
tastes like a white looks like a realy light oolong smells green.

snow dragon
001-35.jpg

015-4.jpg

a light pink gold color.
010-9.jpg

Back