spirits The Whisky Thread

chilliman said:
Moy you would be annoyed at prices of alcohol in USA, 1.7LTR JD =$45
1.7 LTR Makers Mark =$48

Yeah I know.....It's just criminal......There is a few American whiskeies and a few Bourbons that I really want to get but They are way to expensive here in OZ and to get them on ebay, The postage is usually more than the bloody bottle itself.....

Make you want to cry....:rolleyes:

ok here is an update on what is in my current collection.

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

And this is all of them together.
IMG_0924.jpg

Actually having them all together made me realise that I really need to record each one for insurance reasons.....Cause there is a lot of money there.....

Well there are 1 or 2 that won't be getting opened till I get married or have kids......But the rest is fair game so I'll see you when you get here......:)

Pepperfreak said:
Hey Moyboy, if I ever make it out our way...would you put me up ;) and share some of that fine drink. :lol:

Oh God we would get so drunk....hehe.....Whisky and long Island Ice Tea......:D

You are welcome anytime my friend..

Badger said:
18 year old Talisker - oh baby!

It really is Mother's milk isn't it.....:drooling:

I'm going to have to check air fare...:lol: Oh and btw, if you add the same amount of whiskey to your Long Islands they become Texas Tea. Very good also, but I wouldn't use your top shelf for that though.

Hey Moy, we should organise a huge party in the Hunter for THP members !
At the Crown plaza ! Bit of Golf, lots of wineries !
Im sure there would be interest.... post it for next year so people can save etc !
Just a thought.
CM

imaguitargod said:
Yes, top shelves are too fiberous and hard to blend, plus they splinter too much.

Plus most of the whiskies in those photos are over $90 Australian and about half are over $300......So the only thing that is being mixed is a drop of distilled water (MAYBE)....:lol:

chilliman said:
Hey Moy, we should organise a huge party in the Hunter for THP members !
At the Crown plaza ! Bit of Golf, lots of wineries !
Im sure there would be interest.... post it for next year so people can save etc !
Just a thought.
CM

That could be a good plan. Will have to sort something out.....

Moyboy I hereby proclaim you an honorary Scot, that's one impressive collection especially considering the travelling the bottles have done and the extra $'s.

Slainte.

Thanks Lally, I'd love to visit scotland.....I would only really see the inside of the distilleries....:lol:

I guess I could force myself to visit a castle or 2....:P

There's castles and distilleries all over Scotland so it's easy to combine the two. As you seem to be fond of a bit of Talisker there's castles on the way, although there are also castles on the way to most of the distilleries...

Some great whisky collections here, really impressive!

I have been getting into Bourbon lately, not a huge collection so far though. Well in fact just one bottle as I consumed the rest but they where:

Elijah Craig
Woodford Reserve
Bulleit
Makers Mark

I also had a bottle of Suntory Yamazaki 10 year old which I would recommend if you haven't sampled Japanese whisky yet.

I plan on getting some Wild Turkey soon and possibly some Knob Creek.

Once I can fully appreciate the bourbon it would be cool to get a bottle of George T Stagg, don't know if any one has tried it but if you have let me know how it is as it's classed as one of the best bourbons out there.

Andy

i got around to taking a picture of my current Single malt stocks.

There have been a fair few others that have been and gone as well.

I have 2 bottles of the 25 year port Ellen. I have put one away to open when im old :)

here they are

TheMalts1248x832.jpg

cheers

Back