spirits The Whisky Thread

N_FF I'm with you on the Forty Creek. I actually like it better than Crown.

Have you tasted many bourbon's? Woodford Reserve is a very smooth one which isn't a sour mash. And, it goes really well with a good Maduro wraped cigar.

N_FF I'm with you on the Forty Creek. I actually like it better than Crown.

Have you tasted many bourbon's? Woodford Reserve is a very smooth one which isn't a sour mash. And, it goes really well with a good Maduro wraped cigar.

nah im more of a single malt guy. that and theirs not many bourbon's in my area.

Never thought THP could get better, till I discovered this whisky thread.

Currently drinking aberlour a'bunadh batch 28, Ardbeg Uigeadail (L8) and Laphroaig quarter cask. And many more in the closet.

Going to attempt to infuse my extra bottle of A'bunadh, with some Fataliis.

Has anyone infused whisky before?

Booker's bourbon (my tax refund present from me to me): barrel proof whisky, aged 7 years and bottled at 128.6 proof. If there is a heaven, I think it might be somewhere in this bottle. Now please excuse me while I peek my head in and look around for a while...

Who's tried Islay whiskys (or any whisky in general...) mixed with club soda? It's amazing! You can still taste every bit of the whisky, but the soda adds a layer of refreshment to the drink... and really opens up all the flavors/aromas.

Who's tried Islay whiskys (or any whisky in general...) mixed with club soda? It's amazing! You can still taste every bit of the whisky, but the soda adds a layer of refreshment to the drink... and really opens up all the flavors/aromas.

for me it kills the whisky it adds that baking soda taste to it and i dont like that in my dram. on its own great but not with my phroaig

Cracked open a bottle of Jameson Limited Reserve; an 18 year old blended whisky. By far the most expensive bottle I've ever bought at $80. Strangely, I taste tropical and citrus fruits upfront. I like it, but it's unlike any whisky I've ever had.

Im stuck on knob creek lol.I have it on the rocks in a sip glass.Half gals are $80 where I live.I want to try booker's.Its straight from the barrel,no water spike to lower proof.
Fighting cock is good.Its 103 proof & taste similar to wild turkey 101.

Im stuck on knob creek lol.I have it on the rocks in a sip glass.Half gals are $80 where I live.I want to try booker's.Its straight from the barrel,no water spike to lower proof.
Fighting cock is good.Its 103 proof & taste similar to wild turkey 101.
cask strength is always good

Hey everyone, it's been a while.

Have a bottle of Laphroaig 10 year old and the Quarter Cask and I must say I'm in love. Both of them are outstanding! If you haven't tried either of them, do it.

I've been on the Buffalo Trace kick lately. Excellent bourbon for the price( 21.99 here). Theyre website is not bad either(especailly the Bourbunnies :dance: ).

http://www.buffalotracesaloon.com/index.php#activities

Hey everyone, it's been a while. Have a bottle of Laphroaig 10 year old and the Quarter Cask and I must say I'm in love. Both of them are outstanding! If you haven't tried either of them, do it.
You have a really good taste in whiskey.
I just happen to have those two.
Really nice stuff.

I have a few whiskies in my collection.
Laphroaig 10yr, Laphroaig quarter cask, Talisker 10yr, Caol ila 12yr, Clynelish 14yr, Jim Beam(the white label)& Smokehead.

I really like smoky whisky from Islay.
The Smokehead was a little disapointing though because it has too much wine. Maybe it's one of those whiskies that you learn to love.

The Laphroaigs is just amazing.

The bourbon i bought to use as a mixer. Both in drinks and allso in marinade and stuff.

The Talisker, Caol Ila & Clynelish i bought in a nice giftpack with 3*200ml.

The list will for sure grow and one among others is Ardbeg TEN, The Peatmonster, Lagavulin 16yr, Islay Mist, Dalmore single Highland malt, AnCnoch single malt, A Glenlivet(maybe Nadura 16yr) & Jack Daniels no7.
Well of course even more Laphroaigs.;)
This is a list i'm making/have made @ an internetstore & if i get the money someday i will order them.

I allso want to try a rye but i think i'll go to the local whiskeybar for a taste first.

I don't understand that i havn't seen this thread until now but hey nobody's perfect.;)

Btw, bourbon mixed with Amaretto is a killer.:)

If you haven't had the pleasure of stumbling upon the wonderful Ralfy than I feel it is my duty to drop a link

(
I have a few whiskies in my collection.
Laphroaig 10yr, Laphroaig quarter cask, Talisker 10yr, Caol ila 12yr, Clynelish 14yr, Jim Beam(the white label)& Smokehead.

Cracked open a bottle of Jameson Limited Reserve; an 18 year old blended whisky. By far the most expensive bottle I've ever bought at $80. Strangely, I taste tropical and citrus fruits upfront. I like it, but it's unlike any whisky I've ever had.

I really like that whiskey but it is pretty expensive. I haven't seen a lot of people in this thread mention Irish whiskeys, which are my favorites. A really good and reasonably priced bottle to try out is Michael Collins single malt. yumm

Back