• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering the winter grow!

Hey every one I harvested some pepper today so I thought I post some pics. Nice surprise today I have what I thought was a white Bhut Jolkia and the first plant from the seeds produced a red Bhut Jolkia pepper. When I pulled out my plants today to trim and harvest I found ripe white peppers on one of the white Bhut plants. The thing is there white but they don't look like Bhuts. They look like white habs. Anyway take a look at the pics and see what you thinks.

The supposed white Bhut next to a orange Hab? I think I have a white Hab plant. Which is not a bad thing at all.

Picture on the plant.

The whole harvest. Not to bad for indoor plants in tiny pots.

It getting close to time to move these pepper outside. I have a huge head start this season seeing how my plants have been growing inside since September. I also have move to a grow zone 6 so now I have 160 day of sunny growing days.

Here's my new pepper haven.

I'll have them on drip irrigation so they don't dry out in the heat this desert area gets.

Well this was my first atemp at growing so I started these in September this will be there first summer. If I over winter them I would need a whole room for sure.

I just caught up on this thread.  Very nice setups, both indoor and outdoor.

So did you keep the plants in soil inside most of the time?  Did you have a ton of pests to deal with?

I want to try growing 5 or 6 plants indoors with hydroponics this winter, but if growing inside is easier than I imagined, I might try a couple in soil too.

The outdoor bed was really impressive.

M

Thanks everyone I kept them in soil and had no pests indoors cause I started them in September when there was no pests outside. I started way to early but I wasn't sure what my success rate would be. I'm really pleased with my harvest being up in Canada. I do live in one of the hottest places in Canada though. It's been great and my peppers are crazy hot. My favorite are the white Bhut Jolkia peppers there heat level is awesome and flavor is so nice. The seven pots are fantastic as well. Anyway I had 15 kinds of peppers. Oh and the Malaysian Goronong pepper are supper tasty as well.

Back