• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

TheGreenChileMonster Fires Up The Weber Smokey Mountain

I'm doing some beef dino ribs today. I like to cook them as a mix of BBQ styles. Low and slow with lots of smoke, American BBQ style. I only use coarse salt as a direct seasoning on the ribs, but I make a salmuera to baste them with, Argentine style. I'll be using my WSM. I got my WSM about 2 months ago, and I've smoked a whole lamb, briskets, chickens, salmon, beef dinos, pork ribs, and pork butts. I've become very familiar with maintaining specific temps on the smoker. This will be 250 degrees all the way til it's done.

Rib blocks untrimmed

Rib blocks trimmed of the silverskin, and excess fat.

Ribs hit the Weber at 12:45. I'm using oak, hickory, and a bit of mesquite.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
I'll definitely take some pics of the chicharrones. It will be nice to have some cracklins along with the ham. I'm doing mashed sweet potatoes and curry chickpeas for the side.

I made some chimichurri, and I also have some local spicy mambo sauce. That way there is a savory and a sweet/spicy sauce option.

I dunno' what the hell mambo sauce is.

What is it?

mambo sauce is

stronger than penitentiary steel

it's plum sauce but on the real

it's what you add to seal the deal

when you wanna make love to meal

but tired of the mass appeal

of all the THPeeple.

Update!

Attachments

• 20180125_223925.jpg
    20180125_223925.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 65
tctenten said:
Damn!!! You post alot of good shit...but that is definitely one of your top 3 for me.
I really like the clean "porky" flavor of this fresh ham, compared to the cured ham I smoked last year. This ham took on just the right amount of smoke, but doesn't have that extra salinity from a cure, so it is much more friendly with sauces.

Fresh ham is the way to go IMHO! I got this 22lber for $37. That's a lot of good meat for the price.

Back