• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

TheGreenChileMonster Fires Up The Weber Smokey Mountain

I'm doing some beef dino ribs today. I like to cook them as a mix of BBQ styles. Low and slow with lots of smoke, American BBQ style. I only use coarse salt as a direct seasoning on the ribs, but I make a salmuera to baste them with, Argentine style. I'll be using my WSM. I got my WSM about 2 months ago, and I've smoked a whole lamb, briskets, chickens, salmon, beef dinos, pork ribs, and pork butts. I've become very familiar with maintaining specific temps on the smoker. This will be 250 degrees all the way til it's done.

Rib blocks untrimmed

Rib blocks trimmed of the silverskin, and excess fat.

Ribs hit the Weber at 12:45. I'm using oak, hickory, and a bit of mesquite.

The Hot Pepper said:
Order criolla here it's like all red onions crap. Looks awesome​.
Peruvian salsa criolla is just straight up onions julienne with citrus, aji, vinegar, EVOO, and S&P. Occasionally they also use tomatoes.

Argentine style salsa criolla is minced onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers. I also threw in some aji amarillo in mine, because of the heat and flavor. They don't use aji amarillos in salsa criolla in Argentina.

Pan casero. Flour, yeast, honey, lard, dried rosemary, dried oregano, and salt.

Let the yeast activate.

Add the rest of the igredients amd let the dough puff out over the coyrse of an hour.

Knead, then separate and shape the dough.

Let it rise for an hour.

Cut some slits in it.

Transfer to a baker mat, then throw it in the oven at 375 til when you knock it, it is hollow.

Back