• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TheGreenChileMonster's 2017 GLOG

Now that it is almost time to plant out, I figured I'd start up my GLOG for the year. I've cut out almost all superhots this year, and am growing solely peppers I regularly cook with. Here is a link to my glog last year:

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/60119-thegreenchilemonsters-2016-grow/

I did a good job documenting my grow last season, but I plan to give more regular updates this year. I'm growing more veggies this year too, so I needed to free up some space in my garden. Here is the list for the year. All of these are either OW plants or well established seedlings.

Aji Limo
Aji Mochero
Aji Amarillo
Aji Pacay
Aji Arnaucho
Aji Dulce
Aji Largo (Pubescens)
Aji Oro (Pubescens)
Rocoto Rojo Arequipeño
Rocoto Oculto
Red Peruvian Rocoto
Giant Red Rocoto
Giant Yellow Rocoto
Rocoto Peru Cusco
Mini Red Rocoto
Large Red Rocoto
Turbo Pube
Guatemalan Red Rocoto
Carolina Reaper

I'll start posting pics and updates as soon as I start planting out over the next few weeks. There may also be some veggie and home brew pics in this GLOG throughout the season.

Malarky said:
Awesome! I'm glad those seeds turned out! How big are the pods turning out to be? The couple pods Garth gave me were tiny but he said they were grown in a very small pot. Crossing fingers that they turn yellow for you
2 of the 3 aji mochero plants are growing larger aji limo sized pods, but one of them is growing smaller pods, and is much bushier than the other 2 plants. I have each of the 3 plants separated from each other, so that I can see which grows the most true to save seed from.

Here is a pic of the bushier aji mochero with smaller pods.

Attachments

• 20170709_162632.jpg
    20170709_162632.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 57
Devv said:
Looks like everything is doing really, really well up your way! Be it chinense to pubes ;) The aji mochero's are very productive!

Keep it green bud!
Thanks man! All of my plants are setting pods/producing fruit, except for the rocoto oculto. That plant has a ton of flowers, but no luck on the poddage yet.

It's looking like my first ripe pod for the year will be an aji amarillo, for the 2nd year running. I may have to brew a beer with this first wave of pods like I did last year...and start cracking open the bottles from last Summer. I did an aji amarillo Belgian Tripel, and an aji amarillo IPA last year. The aji amarillo IPA got drank with a quickness, as any good IPA should, but I still have 20 flip top 16 OZs of last years tripel to start drinking. I'll throw a few bottles in the fridge tonight.

Attachments

• 20170710_215439.jpg
    20170710_215439.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 48
Everything looks fantastic! You're gonna be drowning in a great selection of pods. I'm still waiting for my Brown Rocoto to set pods, but I have a few on the Aji Oro. I'm very excited to try out Pubescens this year (thank you again for the seeds). I hope your in-ground P. Dreadie produces exceptionally well for you. I'm bummed that I lost my late addition of that strain, but I'm definitely growing it next year. Great job!

-Adam

Bhuter said:
Everything looks fantastic! You're gonna be drowning in a great selection of pods. I'm still waiting for my Brown Rocoto to set pods, but I have a few on the Aji Oro. I'm very excited to try out Pubescens this year (thank you again for the seeds). I hope your in-ground P. Dreadie produces exceptionally well for you. I'm bummed that I lost my late addition of that strain, but I'm definitely growing it next year. Great job!

-Adam
Thanks! I hope your Pubes are doing well! My in the ground P. Dreadie is starting to flower, so I'm looking forward to trying that one out later this Summer.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
Thanks! I hope your Pubes are doing well! My in the ground P. Dreadie is starting to flower, so I'm looking forward to trying that one out later this Summer.
Great production on your plants! Nice Reaper tails, too. Extremely jealous over here. I do have 3 Oro pods that have set and my Brown Rocoto FINALLY set its first pod. So excited about that! Keep up the great work!

Back