• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

consistency Thick Naga Sauce

Greetings Pepperheads!
I've learned my lesson with trying to make my sauce thinner with water, but now my sauce just like previous creations is super thick. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I need to do to make the sauce a little thinner? More vinegar? I can barely pour it out of the jars and there is no reducers caps on them.

Ingredients:
100 Nagas
5 Squeezed Limes
10 small pieces of Pineapple
2 Pears
10 baby carrots
1 white onion
24 oz of Rice Vinegar
2 teasp of Kosher Salt
1 teasp of black pepper
1 clove of garlic

Pics:
Yummy ingredients:
1st.jpg

Initial cook down prior to blending and recooking:
2nd.jpg

Bottled goodness, this batch made 11 5 oz. bottles:
3rd.jpg

Since you have pineapple chunks, add some pineapple juice. The trick is to use a liquid that goes with your sauce.

Pepp3rFreak said:
Greetings Pepperheads!
I've learned my lesson with trying to make my sauce thinner with water, but now my sauce just like previous creations is super thick. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I need to do to make the sauce a little thinner? More vinegar? I can barely pour it out of the jars and there is no reducers caps on them.

Ingredients:
100 Nagas
5 Squeezed Limes
10 small pieces of Pineapple
2 Pears
10 baby carrots
1 white onion
24 oz of Rice Vinegar
2 teasp of Kosher Salt
1 teasp of black pepper
1 clove of garlic

Pics:
Yummy ingredients:
1st.jpg

Initial cook down prior to blending and recooking:
2nd.jpg

Bottled goodness, this batch made 11 5 oz. bottles:
3rd.jpg

You have a several fundamental flaws...

10 baby carrots, 1 clove of garlic, 2t's of salt, 1t of pepper, 1 onion, etc....all vs. 100 nagas. Those amounts have zero if any consequence against the amount of chiles. 5 limes? I'd triple that. Rice wine vinegar is fine but on the weak side as far as vinegars go so you could go another 12 to 20 oz. easily. Simply looking at it from a non heat standpoint, the pulp from the nagas simply overwhelms everything else.

I gotta' say...100 naga's? 'Lawd have mercy! Satan hissef' would be saying "WTF?" Careful with that stuff. Spill it on the floor and you could melt a hole through the center of earth to china.

Pears make such a great addition to hot sauce.
No idea why, but I tried it in my hab sauce last year and fell completely in love with it.

and 100 Nagas? Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a blast furnace!

W00T for old thread revivals!! :woohoo:

Did you use the whole garlic bulb for that recipe or just 1 clove?
No, I didn't use the entire bulb. I love garlic but with it's high PH level & strong flavor I don't go to crazy.

Skydiver said:
Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a blast furnace!

chilihunter said:
I dont know if it'd have much heat with only 100 nagas

FadeToBlack said:
Good God man! Are you trying to make home brew rocket fuel??
texas blues said:
Satan hissef' would be saying "WTF?" Careful with that stuff. Spill it on the floor and you could melt a hole through the center of earth to china.

Bwhahahahahaa I love the comments!!! I didn't even see them until today! :cheers:
Yeah I did cook down 100 Nagas into 11 woozie bottles but quite honestly, it was a little disappointing as it still wasn't that hot. I think I'm going to get the equipment to make extracts to appease my iron belly :)

On a side note, this weekend I'm going to be making a 7Pot/Pod sauce similar to this one.

Back