• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

This is my date. He is a French model.

has anyone noticed that we get brand new members whose first few posts attack various businesses or products?  Please lets not discuss the companies or products themselves, just the phenomenon I am observing.

Not long ago, brand new member posted pictures of rotten pods and claimed he ordered them from Bakers.  Maybe he did.  Maybe he did not.  I have no clue, don't know the guy.  Dont know Bakers. 

Just now, brand new member posted photos of a plant obviously not a Carolina Reaper and claimed he got the seed from The Chilli Pepper Company.  That is an official licensed distributor of Pucker Butt seeds, so kind of indicating Puckerbutt is getting their seeds wrong.

A while back, I noticed the same thing happened with Pepper Joe.  Brand new members claimed he was shipping Hab seeds (think it was habs) as Carolina Reapers.  Thinking he was getting his seed from Puckerbutt at the time.

Although a new member's opinion is just as valuable as an established member, i wounder if we are not seeing facade accounts created to spread rumor and trash competition.   I am even more suspicious when new members come here, complain about a company and then ask what they should do.  Uh, contact the vendor first and see if they will fix the mistake.. duh.

BTW: Not trying to urk new members.  Just kind of observing that whole I read it on the Internet so it must be true.  This is my date, he is a French model.

I've seen it too and just assumed the same. here comes new guy trashes company A with no evidence then praises company B.. I just assume it's the owner of company B

Yes there is no conspiracy or reason to raise a red flag, just like on review sites there are real reviews and shills. Shills are often obvious.

Atleast we are even allowed to leave negative reviews. A lot of places have a puppies and rainbows rule and if you even so much as hint at a negative comment toward a vendor they ban you. Especially if that vendor has a paid membership. I got kicked off a FB page for defendind someone who said pepperjoe was someone to stay clear of. I was immediately removed. Quite a few forums don't allow it. (I usually don't last long in those) I got banned from reefcentral in my first week or so.

Back