• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

This is my date. He is a French model.

Hogleg said: "That's what you did when you got here, Drew. Right after you got here talked shit about Buckeye I think it was. Then got in a scrap with LDHS too right? "

As the topic is arriving at THP and immediately giving bad review to a business, your observation is a very telling falsehood.  Certainly I have had discussions with the owners of these two businesses in which we disagreed, but I have to wonder why you would think that to disagree with a business owner would be an attack or negative review of their business?

My conversation with Lucky Dog was centered around the idea of a ETSY style shop for hot sauce makers.  He thought it was a dumb idea.  I thought it was a good idea.  If you think that is an example of me attacking his business then you'd have to also believe he was attacking my business as the conversation had to do with neither.

I have never given ill review to any business here on THP.  In fact, I have been trashed for defending folk being trashed and have never given anything but good review to the hot sauces I have sampled from members here.

I think you are imagining something that simply isnt there.

D3monic said:
I've seen it too and just assumed the same. here comes new guy trashes company A with no evidence then praises company B.. I just assume it's the owner of company B
That is what I tend to think as well.  In fact, from some of the things said about a former member I get the idea conduct such as this is kind of his hobby.
The Hot Pepper said:
Because there is no Yelp type site for them to complain so they find us in a search engine and post their experience. What's the problem?

No problem.  Just an interesting conversation.  Thinking on established members, I do not know that I have read much negativity towards any but two businesses.  When Scuba Steve sent some plants and things went horribly wrong in the mail, people were understanding, Steve was apologetic, and working together he got a great affordable way to ship plants figured out.  I got three from him just the other day.  No negativity.  Just folk helping folk to improve.  Great place you got here.

Ah, but then someone said something that got me to thinking.  I believe it was you, but I don't want to try to find the thread.  Essentially, the person indicated that a new business might be a facade for.. uh... He whose name shall not be mentioned... ye, that was PC enough.  Kind of made me wonder if there aren't other facades.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter.  We know this stuff goes on at Facebook, Amazon, and anywhere Internet.  Just an interesting conversation.

hogleg, yep there was definitely a learning curve.  But didn't come here being all mean.  First I quoted a video and somehow got in the middle of an ongoing something or another.  Then when I used the term cottage industry someone thought I meant cooking hot sauce in the kitchen with the family dog.  Fun times.

Figured something out.  When someone gets all crotchety about something, move on to another thread.  Chances are you are in the middle of crap you didn't even smell till you stepped in it.

Back