• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

THP Members With Zero Profile Info?

I look at this thread as proof that the fear mongering over 'Anonymous' is working.

Even though we've known since 2002 that the gov was into everything.

It's like touting how free you just made the internet with net neutrality right after you turned a whole countries internet off and no one notices.

Anyone my age has always known they were always there. There is no period of Internet history where it wasn't true. I used to go to Comdex, and the occass 2.6k meetup, and the Feds would always be there alongside or nearby. Maybe during the dot-com boom, MAYBE they couldn't sift all of the data in total for a portion of that period ... MAYBE.

I think wikileaks is entirely more significant than Anonymous ...
COINTELPRO coming out was a long, long time ago, now.

Wikileaks is just a subset of Anonymous.

Is your profile right about 38?

Yup ...
Wikileaks is just a subset of Anonymous.

Is your profile right about 38?

I know nothing of the machination, but Anon wouldn't have the oldworld media publicity w/o the apache gunship video ...

Too bad those same companies whiffed on cablegate ...

grantmichaels said:
Yup ...

I know nothing of the machination, but Anon wouldn't have the oldworld media publicity w/o the apache gunship video ...

Too bad those same companies whiffed on cablegate ...

Machination? Wikileaks is the public face for a bunch of people who wish to remain anonymous. By definition they are Anonymous.

So I think Wikileaks is just part of a larger Anonymous pie.

For me it's a leap of faith. Been burned and felt like a idiot more than once but if I never reach out I would not have the friends I have here. I can thank John and Dan for helping a old man when I first got here..I'm still trying to figure out how to upload pic's from my tablet.

Gore%20Internet%20818.jpg

OK, sure ...

The government, or at least the DoD, has always had an interest in being able to be anonymous too, which is why the Navy created Tor, and why the CIA (and others) still partially fund it. We'd be remiss not to consider the collective of public Anon accounts to be a relatively limited subset of all parties on earth participating anonymously online, which yes, incl wikileaks. Well, participating near anonymously, anyways ...

Armchair infosec'ing, of course ...

Back