• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Throwdown Throne

SOMB, that was a killer entry. I like those spices with olives and beef in a tomato sauce, kind of like Ropa Vieja, but not shredded, more like post roast. That, with the poblanos, and pineapple upside-down cake! Wow. Nice show with the DOs also. Killer.

I can vouch for how awesome it tasted.
Seriously. If you've never had boliche, give it a shot. The sauce is similar to ropa vieja, but the chorizo really slams it home.
Sum nailed this one. The addition of some heat and extra olives and capers threw it over the edge. The meat is slow-cooked and tender. The gravy is amazing. Awesome job.

And the cake came out so good. Sum doesn't really bake much. I mean, he can, but he's a grill/smoker/fried-food kind of guy.
Usually my wife bakes the goodies when we cook at the frydad house.
So, for him to step out of his element and bust this out was a major feat.
Well done, my friend.

I can vouch for how awesome it tasted.
Seriously. If you've never had boliche, give it a shot.
Never had it, but I just looked it up, and he did a good job. Love good Cuban food. Ropa is one of my faves, so I have to try this!

You gotta jump on this, THP! I texted FD the next day, "Dude, I wanna do yesterday all over again, exactly the same way!"

This really IS a true story.

You gotta jump on this, THP! I texted FD the next day, "Dude, I wanna do yesterday all over again, exactly the same way!"

This really IS a true story.
:eek:

Sounds like a private conversation :D

Sheen jokes are so last weekend :)

After we took the pics, me and sum held each other 'neath a shady banana tree.
I could sense the sweet smell of his hair, mango blossoms, and victory.

(NOT A) true story.

Let's get ridiculawesome!!! I remember that moment. The mango pollen was thick in the air.

And then I punched FD in the face.

(NOT A) true story.

Yea, Sum, it was a wonderful time.

I guess we knew you had a winner.

I cried a single tear as I scooped up that final bite of boliche.
For a fleeting moment, you were my Abraham Lincoln.

I didn't realize you were so close without winning so many times, Sum. You must be the Susan Lucci of TDs. :) Congrats and a job well done. And thanks for not giving me the DQ tiara.

My "almost win" count is probably just as pathetically hilarious looking as my "try" count.

Congrats on your first crown Sum Bits...

...the second one will be easier to add to the mantle now...;)

dvg

Back