• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Throwdown Throne

jedisushi06 said:
I will admit that's pretty funny!  It's all about who you know and not WHAT you know.  Not saying i should have won but i thought i would get more votes than that!  Rocket man could flambeau a two year old dog turd in brandy and cover it in chocolate sauce and still win!  I doubt that anyone goes through each recipe on here anyway.  All these throwdowns are a popularity contests.  I will prove it on the next one.  Whoever takes a better picture gets the votes. Your just mad because i called it out.
So which is dude? A popularity contest or a photo contest? Sounds like you're grasping at straws. Too bad. I really dug what you did and I was looking forward to seeing more. It's about learning and having fun. I've entered 2 TD's and thought I had the best... Until I saw everyone else's. I then realized I was nowhere close. Take the chance to learn from what you see, take advice, and, most importantly, HAVE FUN! This thread is to congratulate and showcase the winners. Please don't take away from what they did because you're unhappy with the outcome.

Great job by ALL. Conga rats to Scovie and RocketMan on a well deserved win!

Nice work by everyone...
There are a couple of them that I'm planning on doing this weekend.

Congrats to RocketMan and Scovie!

Congrats Scovie and RM! 

Jedi, you never know how people will vote.  It's for fun and the bling is nice.  Ya just gotta roll with it and do it again next month.   

For me, it's about trying new things, new ingredients, new cooking styles that I might not ever have tried before.  Some times it rocks, sometimes not so much...(like the goat dish I made for the Africa TD.  I believe I called it "a colossal waste of time")  That one bombed. 

Rock-n-roll, Everyone!!!!

Awesome! Congrats guys! Scovie, that mole sauce sure did look wicked!

All great entries!

And hey.... Jedi, I think I'm relatively popular, even if a bit annoying at times, and I didn't get many votes either. Dude...... ya gotta admit there were some damned good entries. I had fun, and will do it again when the right TD rolls back around. I don't have the culinary skills to enter all of them, but I'll be watching for one that tickles my fancy and I'll jump in it! And I would be the first to fuss at ANYONE who voted for mine just out of sympathy. Too many good entries out there. I don't want sympathy votes, I want votes because my stuff looked good. I can't argue with the votes here. Viva la democracy!

Congrats again to the winners!

salsalady said:
Congrats Scovie and RM! 

Jedi, you never know how people will vote.  It's for fun and the bling is nice.  Ya just gotta roll with it and do it again next month.   

For me, it's about trying new things, new ingredients, new cooking styles that I might not ever have tried before.  Some times it rocks, sometimes not so much...(like the goat dish I made for the Africa TD.  I believe I called it "a colossal waste of time")  That one bombed. 

Rock-n-roll, Everyone!!!!

Put it this way... That sticker on your page is all you win. What did you really lose? You ate good, bro!

And thanks for the vote, SL.... but when I saw it I said "what??? how????" You made your pies and caramel sauced them up and... and... and..... I just poured berries over ice cream! lol! You got more creative!

Congrats to both the winners...

I think it's more about the ingredients, procedure and plating as a whole. Sure nice photos are a plus...
Popularity vote ? No way...C'mon, how popular is Scovie.......... :lol: ...Nice mole'....dude

I looked at the cheese cake shots....twice,...  if it had a fruity hot sauce reduction running through it, I would have put it in the running. The Caramel dish that Ann made had me.....that's a dish I'd like after dinner....in a resturant.

Oooh yea, locally caught Methow Valley Oysters, breaded......  ;)...

Or me! 

Man, this is the perfect TD for ANYONE.   Lots of time to think about it, lots of time to make the perfect Seafood Sammie!

Yes yes yes, discuss it in the topic I linked to ;)

JayT made his tried and true fish 'n chips and added traditional British sides with a few twists and a killer tartar to create an out-of-this-world sammie!

Well done sir, well done!

Congrats on #6!

Congrats, fishman!

(Yeah, I know everyone thinks of you as The Hot Dog Man, but for this TD, you are The Fish Man!)

Back