• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Timmmy's 3rd year

Hi all,

After a good second year of growing in Australia I'm keen to jump into the next season. Winter here hasn't been to cold and with August on the way it's looking like a good time to get started.

So I guess I should add a list, I'm keeping the no# of plants fairly small once again unlike some people on this forum hehehe

Choc Bhut - 2 year old plant + some seeds sown

Yellow 7 - 2 year old plant

Fatalii - 2 year old plant (giving away my blonde version)

Scorpion - 2 year old plants

Douglah - 2 year old plant (Thanks Hippy)

Naga B.Bonnet - 2 year old plant

Dorset - 2 year old plant + seedlings

So nothing from seed this year? well at least you'll be getting a fair harvest again from the mature plants! Good luck bruvva!

:cheers:

Jas

start002.jpg

Naga B.Bonnet

start007.jpg

And then the other plants from last year are all still kicking.

start003.jpg

Wow you were quick Jas :)

Yeah some from seed. I want more Dorsets as their my favorite tasting pepper. I also have some Douglahs that have already sprouted and some choc bhut's sown. The choc's might still come up but if they don't I won't get too worried.

You'll have to ask the boss to take the "newbie" from your name now. I thought the Dorsets tasted good too but they came on too late and I lost a lot to the cold weather so I've ditched them for the Morich. Only had 1 pop up so far though :(

Tim tim Timmmmmyyy

Nova, I have a lot of dorset and fat fatalli seedling if you want some let me know

@ Jimmy I hope you have your second year Dorsets still!! Mine didn't produce one pod on the first year but the second year it put out a good number and still hasn't stopped

Yeah man the Fatalii's for sure, i have two Dorsets overwintering but i would love one or two more Fatalii plants. Next time ya down at hippies drop them off for me if you would be so kind ;)

I haven't tried to overwinter anything, I don't have enough room inside and they have no protection from the cold outdoors. 1 Dorset still looks OK though, still has pods even, so fingers crossed it survives.

You must be in Vic Jimmy. Most of my plants are okay except for one that has been chewed up by aphids.

Nova, I've already dropped off a few Fatalli's at Hippies :)I have more if need be.

You must be in Vic Jimmy. Most of my plants are okay except for one that has been chewed up by aphids.

Nova, I've already dropped off a few Fatalli's at Hippies :)I have more if need be.

Yeah Melbourne mate. Although this is only my 2nd year to grow from seed, I've been growing chillies for 6 years or so and have never had a plant survive the winter. Funny thing is we're probably having the coldest and wettest winter in years but some of my plants still look reasonably good.

Transplanting my Douglah seedling lol

Last year I only used a cheap potting mix for all my plants and they seemed to do fine. The only significant problem was the soil drying up to fast and not retaining any moisture during the hotter periods. So this time round I've added coir peat into the mix.

I was going to buy some manure or dynamic lifter to add in but the potting mix already had a 12month slow release fert, the coir peat had a 4 month slow release plant food and then I also added some compost mix.

startdouglah002.jpg

And heres the little 2yr old Douglah all potted up. hahaha :)

startdouglah004.jpg

Can't wait to see this monster take off, before the overwintering type cut back it was easily larger than my old Bih.

Yeah my plants seem to be liking the weather.

The dorset and Fatalli have new buds and peppers forming at the moment. Both plants seem to like the colder weather and hate the Aussie sun so it's not a big surprise.

Yeah my plants seem to be liking the weather.

Both plants seem to like the colder weather and hate the Aussie sun so it's not a big surprise.

That's the reason I've opted for the Morich, I'm hoping it'll set the pods a bit earlier and I won't lose half of them to frost.
I hope your Douglah does become a monster!

I am amazed that the peppers grow back after such a severe cutbuck. Then again we cutback the wifes roses just as much.

I hope they grow back Alphaeon :woohoo:

I didn't trim the root ball, the reasoning was that they should be capable of growing quickly back to their original size and then some.

Now I just have to wait :beer:

Cool :)

So far one of my cut back Scorps's, yellow 7, my fatalii and douglah have new growth starting up. The Blonde Naga bonnet and choc bhut still haven't got any signs of regrowth which is a big worry.

Douglah

douglahrestart008.jpg

Back