• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Tolerance to Peppers.

Hey I'm wondering how fast/slow tolerancee to capsaicin build/goes.
Or is it different for everyone?
& if I am planning to eat a Bhut Jolokia soon, how sould I build my tolerance up to it?

Also can Skin build tolerance ?
Like how your hands/eyes stingg after touching peppers, does that tolerance build at all?

-Thankks in advancee.

Depends on person I would say.
I don't think skin builds tolerance.

Eating a jolokia..guess that is your tolerance and what your use to. If your "hot" is a jalapeno or cayenne...I would keep building before you put a bhut in your mouth :)

Depends on person I would say.
I don't think skin builds tolerance.

Eating a jolokia..guess that is your tolerance and what your use to. If your "hot" is a jalapeno or cayenne...I would keep building before you put a bhut in your mouth :)

hmm yeaah that makes sensee.

Just go for broke and get it over with I say. It isn't going to make that much difference either way. You can spend some time making friends with the Habs if you want to, But it really isn't going to prepare you much for what a superhot is going to do. That and they just taste so good you can't help but eat them on almost everything.
The way a bhut hits you may be totally different than how it hits me. My mouth doesn't burn that bad from Bhut's, but I sweat like no other chili makes me sweat. I mean instant hair soaking sweat. My wife on the other hand gets really bad lip and roof of her mouth burn but not much Sweat.

Have fun with them, and keep it off of your fingers. It'll end up everywhere you don't want it to get. Trust me. :onfire:

Drive slow my friend – drive slow!
They're many threads on the THP forum of members who went over the edge.
For some it was life changing. I prefer to go slow and easy thereby gradually increasing the dosage and staying within my comfort zone.

Good luck, Jack

Just go for broke and get it over with I say. It isn't going to make that much difference either way. You can spend some time making friends with the Habs if you want to, But it really isn't going to prepare you much for what a superhot is going to do. That and they just taste so good you can't help but eat them on almost everything.
The way a bhut hits you may be totally different than how it hits me. My mouth doesn't burn that bad from Bhut's, but I sweat like no other chili makes me sweat. I mean instant hair soaking sweat. My wife on the other hand gets really bad lip and roof of her mouth burn but not much Sweat.

Have fun with them, and keep it off of your fingers. It'll end up everywhere you don't want it to get. Trust me. :onfire:

hahah ima takr your advicee & riskk itt. thankks ima eat them in little slices at first i guess, and do they really taste thatt good ?

I believe it is species specific - at least for me.
Once I crossed the path of eating a chinense without dilution, I no longer need the coolant to be able to eat them no matter how hot, sure it can be painful but I have crossed the point of no return by eating chinense peppers.
With annumm, they still caused discomfort until recently. You need to eat a birds eye pepper whole and deal with it without coolant. You should be able to tolerate any annumm after this expercise.

But there are way too many variables to account for, I believe your immune system plays a big role in this equation, as would your body's acidity fpr similar reasons. This is partly why it can be dangerous to eating peppers that are too hot for yourself. If your heart and stomach are in great shape then there is no risk however always take into account that hot food raises body temperature, pumps blood harder, lines your stomach and does some interesting things with your brains.

My advice? Eat a red habanero, put up with it, try again until you can handle them easier, then you can easily make a jump to the jolokia. With pre-existing knowledge you will skyrocket your tolerance, but if you skyrocket it, if you don't persist your tolerance will decrease at a similar rate - which is why we include it in our diets daily when possible - apart from taste, smell, and the passion :)

Be responsible, but don't be shy :)

I believe it is species specific - at least for me.
Once I crossed the path of eating a chinense without dilution, I no longer need the coolant to be able to eat them no matter how hot, sure it can be painful but I have crossed the point of no return by eating chinense peppers.
With annumm, they still caused discomfort until recently. You need to eat a birds eye pepper whole and deal with it without coolant. You should be able to tolerate any annumm after this expercise.

But there are way too many variables to account for, I believe your immune system plays a big role in this equation, as would your body's acidity fpr similar reasons. This is partly why it can be dangerous to eating peppers that are too hot for yourself. If your heart and stomach are in great shape then there is no risk however always take into account that hot food raises body temperature, pumps blood harder, lines your stomach and does some interesting things with your brains.

My advice? Eat a red habanero, put up with it, try again until you can handle them easier, then you can easily make a jump to the jolokia. With pre-existing knowledge you will skyrocket your tolerance, but if you skyrocket it, if you don't persist your tolerance will decrease at a similar rate - which is why we include it in our diets daily when possible - apart from taste, smell, and the passion :)

Be responsible, but don't be shy :)

Ohh. Well thankks super good advicee too. Hmm.. I'm growing some Carribean Reds that are just startingg to bud. so hopefully, when they producee, that could build my tolerancee !

My overall heat tolerance has changed since I started eating hot Chile's. Today, I ate some freshly ground Horseradish. It was quite mild to me. Years ago, I would not have been able to tolerate it.

Lol, not even a year ago I could not eat anything marked as mild, now I'm eating habanero sauce daily and scorpion sauce one every few days!

It can happen really quickly!!

One time I got drunk and cooked and ate 20+ store bought habs I made into poppers. Probably because I was drunk and didn't feel it as much, I was okay eating but the next day... Have mercy! I couldn't leave the house. It was a hazmat bathroom fiasco. The worst was when I got lit and decided I would try a full tablespoon of AJ's T-Scorp puree. That was pain on a whole new level. I visited the land of 10,000 hells for well over an hour and my mouth wasn't the same for almost a day wherein I could still feel the tingle. Oddly, my stomach was fine and had no after burn. Everyone is different I reckon. While I can handle the superhots just okay, I see no reason and prefer flavor over heat.
I'll stick to my pequin's by the handful for now.

One time I got drunk and cooked and ate 20+ store bought habs I made into poppers. Probably because I was drunk and didn't feel it as much, I was okay eating but the next day... Have mercy! I couldn't leave the house. It was a hazmat bathroom fiasco. The worst was when I got lit and decided I would try a full tablespoon of AJ's T-Scorp puree. That was pain on a whole new level. I visited the land of 10,000 hells for well over an hour and my mouth wasn't the same for almost a day wherein I could still feel the tingle. Oddly, my stomach was fine and had no after burn. Everyone is different I reckon. While I can handle the superhots just okay, I see no reason and prefer flavor over heat.
I'll stick to my pequin's by the handful for now.

LMFAO danngg duudee... your craazyy !

Back