• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Tony's Super Hots....2011

So it begins for another new season.

Its still dropping to near freezing outside, but it wont be long and it will warm up. This time last year i was overseas working in the highlands of a little third world country and didnt get started till late. Not this year though...... they are up and running already, getting their first true leaves and looking very healthy.

babyplants2.jpg

babyplants1.jpg

babyplants3.jpg

In the trays i have:

Raja Mirch.... Nagaland Naga Morich
Assam Bhut (Bih) Jalokia
Trinidad Scorpions
7 Pod Jonah
Ring of Fire
Barrackpore 7 Pod
Yellow 7 Pod
Douglah
Red Rocotto.

I have also over wintered my EVIL 7 Pod, my bhut Jalokia, my Devil Tongue, my Thai super hot, a couple of small thai plants and a couple Jalapino's

Oooooooooooooooooooooo im all excited!

cheers mate.... I will give them another week or so and pot the strongest up to 4" pots. Half of them are open polinated so im hoping to grow 2 of each and keep the best one.

fingers crossed they grow strait.

Mmm yes you suplied a few of the seed strains and its much appriciated.

I tried to grow the 7 Pod Jonah last year that Scolville sent me but none fired. My new improved seed raising mix seems to have done the trick with 2 up and running.

Now does anyone know a link to a true 7 Pod jonah picture.... soo i know what im in for...... or should be hoping for at the least?

Good question. If i recall they look like pimply scorpions without the tail and the classic 7 bum. Will look for pics.

Not really, apart from the colour. The Barrackpores are elongated (big word for me im on absinth atm) and they can look like really cool flames no shit! The Jonahs are shaped (i have seen hippy jonahs) like a normal 7 pot bottom with a round congo top shape kinda with pimples. They look less "crisp" than other peppers to me. Hot as f*** though.

Now does anyone know a link to a true 7 Pod jonah picture.... soo i know what im in for...... or should be hoping for at the least?

004-3-1.jpg

007-3-1.jpg

These are from my plants last season but I had to crop them from larger pictures so I hope it helps. Try looking on Hippy's site I'm sure he has a pic. I didn't get all that many ripe from the 3 plants I had but I think this may be because they were tucked away in the corner and overshadowed by the other plants.

Hot as f*** though.
I can attest to that. Everyone rates heat differently but I put them above everything else I grew, hotter than the Dorsets, Bihs and Scorpions. Even eating a small piece of these things raw had me in a world of pain and even got me a little short of breath. Don't know how they rate compared to other 7s except the Yellow7 which definitely doesn't pack the same punch.

Thanks for the pics folks.

They look dead set just like the 7 Pod's i grew from seeds Trinnihottie sent me. That plants 7's bleed yellow oil from the inside and burn like nothing else...... way hotter than my Bhut's when Pip and i tried them.

So good chance i have a 3 year old plant of these already and didnt know it :) I have over wintered it again and will give it another run this year.

Moving them out...... might be a few weeks yet.... hoping on an early spring here but its just cooled back down.

Tony, I just posted these pics in another thread of a pod I picked today, seeds from Hippy. It's a little over ripe and doesn't have the usual amount of oil but hey, not bad for the middle of winter:

7810001.jpg

7810003.jpg

7810009.jpg

here are a few pics of what i have 7 od wise.......... they are evil.

7PodHarvest1248x832.jpg

Insidethe7Pod800x579.jpg

I used 3 of these in a bottle of sauce and it has officially put one person in hospital........ no shit!

did some work in the hot box yesterday. I lined the bottom of the trays with some tin foil and then plastic wrap. I have been watering the seedlings from the top but have noticed the soil at the bottom of the seed trays is usually dry. Since this is where hte roots will be...... i want it wet.

So now i pour a heap of water in and it soaks up from the bottom..... perfect.

I can notice that just in the last 24 hrs the plants are looking bigger and brighter..... they are growing by the hour.

I have also put a fan down the bottom to get a nice breeze happening to try and harden them up a bit and they seem to be liking the air flow a lot.

airflow and bottom watering. very effective. read it around here. used by a lot of people who like to grow stuff.

i'm practically converting my spare room into a greenhouse. all the windows are open. don't really need it to be warmer than it needs to be since i live in a tropical environment. 32c is the average temp here during the day. 27c right now coz of the storm. hate it. no light for my plants. soil getting too wet for comfort. leaves yellowing.

Back