• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Tony's Super Hots....2011

Wow the seedlings are going great....... much better than my plants did last year.

Trinidad Scorpions

Scorpions.jpg

Nagaland Naga Morich

RajaMirch.jpg

7 Pod Jonah

7PodJonah.jpg

Yellow 7 Pod

Yellow7Pod.jpg

The only healthy Rocotto i have is going ok too. The one i grew a few years back was HUGE and im hoping i can get a few good fruit off it this year now that i know how to stop them mongrel fruit flys!

Bloody Queenslanders!

Well folks its been a week and im very excited about the progress of the "babies" as my wife calles them.

Im planning to start moving them out into the big bad word of sunlight on the weekend as its warming up nicely here now. Will break em in slow and tell them to HTFU!

Yellow 7 Pod

Yellow7Pod-1.jpg

Douglah

Douglah.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion

TrinidadScorpion.jpg

Half of the crop

TheCrop1.jpg

your seedlings look very healthy and sturdy Tony...great man...hope you have a great season...

I sure as heck thought you had been bottom watering your seedlings but see you just now started...IMO bottom watering seedlings is the only way to go...promotes downward root growth...

Hey AJ... its been a while mate :)

yeah the bottom watering and airflow worked a treat once i got it happening. Im not bottom watering now that i have potted them up but they are sooooooo much healthier than the plants i grew last year. They are dark green and growing so fast.

Im really excited.

Hey AJ... its been a while mate :)

yeah the bottom watering and airflow worked a treat once i got it happening. Im not bottom watering now that i have potted them up but they are sooooooo much healthier than the plants i grew last year. They are dark green and growing so fast.

Im really excited.

Your plants look really great, can you explain to me how you bottom water them. Also do you still have them on a heat mat now they have germinated. My new seedling look nowhere near as good as yours do.

When the seedlings were starting out and still in the seed starters, i had them in a tub which i simply put water in and it naturally draws up into the soil. Same as if you leave a dry towl hanging in the bath..... the water will creep up into the towl.

This ensures the soil down the bottom is kept moist and promotes the roots to grow down. After a week or 2 in the seed starters the roots were starting to come out the bottom.

I also add a dribble of Yated multi something liquid plant food and they seem to love it.

I dont use a heat mat..... i have 4 x double 2 foot fluro's running cool white tubes and keep the plants about 4 to 6 inches from them, and a fan down the bottom that creates air movement around the grow box. I found they wernt going so well at first and put the fan in for a trial and they took off........ it really is a winner for good healthy growth.

When the seedlings were starting out and still in the seed starters, i had them in a tub which i simply put water in and it naturally draws up into the soil. Same as if you leave a dry towl hanging in the bath..... the water will creep up into the towl.

This ensures the soil down the bottom is kept moist and promotes the roots to grow down. After a week or 2 in the seed starters the roots were starting to come out the bottom.

I also add a dribble of Yated multi something liquid plant food and they seem to love it.

I dont use a heat mat..... i have 4 x double 2 foot fluro's running cool white tubes and keep the plants about 4 to 6 inches from them, and a fan down the bottom that creates air movement around the grow box. I found they wernt going so well at first and put the fan in for a trial and they took off........ it really is a winner for good healthy growth.

Thanks Tony,

I've made a tray for bottom watering.

Keep up the good work so I can (and will) come over and steal some over the weekend :D......

I have saved you and even potted up for you:

1 x Bih Jalokia (the second was decective and wouldnt grow)
2 x Nagaland Naga Morich
3 x Trinidad Scorpion

None of the second batch of Rocotto seeds have come up yet but time will tell

I have 3 Bih's so good chance you can have one of those if youo want more than one.

Im coming to watch you drop the pots all through your car this time! Oh god that was funny last year.

I have saved you and even potted up for you:

1 x Bih Jalokia (the second was decective and wouldnt grow)
2 x Nagaland Naga Morich
3 x Trinidad Scorpion

None of the second batch of Rocotto seeds have come up yet but time will tell

I have 3 Bih's so good chance you can have one of those if youo want more than one.

Im coming to watch you drop the pots all through your car this time! Oh god that was funny last year.

Excellent work!!!

Well the dropped pot.....there was nothing funny about it thanks very much...........I should have just driven home and cleaned it up then, it would have been better that you didn't find out hahahaha

Howdy folks...... its been a while since my last visit. Life has been very busy.

Ok....... proud parent time :)

First up, my Bih Jalokia, closely related to the Bhut Jalokia, this is the true Assam variety from India. Also known as the Assam Bhut Jalokia. I have tried to grow these for years not and i finally got a plant to grow..... and isnt it doing well.

BihJalokia.jpg

BihJalokiapods1.jpg

Thai Super Hot. Lots of fruit on this one.

ThaiSuperHot-1.jpg

Thai Hot...... only a little plant but has millions of little fire bombs on it. You bite one off and it just explodes with a great heat in your mouth.

ThaiHot.jpg

I have 3 of these growing..... The Naga Morich Raja Mirch. These things are suposed to be massivly hot and im looking (nervously) forward to a red one to try. In the second picture you can see how spikey the chilli is :o

RajaMirchNagaMorichPod1.jpg

RajaMirchNagaMorichPod2.jpg

My 7 Pod..... enjoying its 3rd year. Im planning on tea-bagging some flowers to get pure strain seeds from them. I did this last year but lost the seeds. These are the hottest nastiest chillies i have ever come across. They make Bhut Jalokias look like fury kittens!

TH7Pod1.jpg

TH7Pod2.jpg

TH7Pod3.jpg

Trinidad Scorpions are growing as well

TrinidadScorpion-2.jpg

I have others growing as well but will save them for another time :)

cheers

Tony, your growing skills amaze me...

Well done my friend...

JR..... yeah bloke, this season. I dont mess around!

Serves you right for living in Mexico :)

AJ...... cheers mate

I also have yelloy 7's and 7 Pod Jonah's growing that are looking good.

Jalopino's comming out my ears and all the other veg and stuff going well.

I love summer!

Back