Top 10 Craft Beers

Lots of happy pictures in here! Schneider Weisse Original is real nice been drinking it for a long time. If ya can find it try out Hophead by Brewing Tree its one of my all time favs. ;)

If you can find it, southern tier pumking is good, the spices are a bit overwhelming when it's fresh, I got a case and am letting it mellow a bit. Closest beer I've found that tastes like pumpkin pie.
Just found double take's Belgian white and it's delish! If they have it again this winter I'm buying a case of ten-fidy(Russian imperial stout) I was pretty disappointed when i found out it was only a seasonal beer. Port city porter and optimal wit are pretty good beers as well.

Sierra Nevada? Yeah I'll pass, I got tumbler and it tastes like burned bacon drippings. Weird.

This is a real good IPA. I'm having one now. Only $22 a case at Costco here. Best beer I have ever had for that price range
lagunitis+IPA.JPG

This is a real good IPA. I'm having one now. Only $22 a case at Costco here. Best beer I have ever had for that price range
lagunitis+IPA.JPG
by case do you mean 12 pack? just curius. here where i live i can only find 6 packs and they are 10 bucks a piece. i usually go with the maximus. it's fitty cents more and 2% more alcohol. more bang (and flavor) for your buck.

Have you ever used Guinness as a marinade to cook pork ribs in the oven with and then finish them on the grill with some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce?
To die for my friend! :drooling:

This yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 Guinness

Frydad4 turned me onto this.
Innus & Gunn though a Scotish Brewery is quickly becoming a force on the American Craft Beer scene. Their beers are Oak Aged and I was fortunate enough to find some of their limited production or their Rum Cask brews. According to them the beer is "matured in oak for 60 days. Half of that time in American oak barrels before being refilled into selected navy rum barrels to finish the lengthy maturation. The barrels are then emptied and matured for aanother 47 days until all of the flavors have married together and mellowed." 7.4% ABV and I consider this to be one of the best beers I've had. As Frydad said "it's an instant classic."

04699DB8-0659-47F5-B50A-D2DDA88C25DB-115-00000012E7FDA736.jpg

Innus & Gunn though a Scotish Brewery is quickly becoming a force on the American Craft Beer scene. Their beers are Oak Aged and I was fortunate enough to find some of their limited production or their Rum Cask brews. According to them the beer is "matured in oak for 60 days. Half of that time in American oak barrels before being refilled into selected navy rum barrels to finish the lengthy maturation. The barrels are then emptied and matured for aanother 47 days until all of the flavors have married together and mellowed." 7.4% ABV and I consider this to be one of the best beers I've had. As Frydad said "it's an instant classic."
Agreed with ya RM! Innis and Gunn is one of the best beers I have had in a long time. It definetly makes my top ten and likely my top 5.
I prefer the original one to the Rum Finish myself. I saw a Spiced Rum Finish last week whilst loitering at the beer store almost grabbed but but failed to.
Their beers are deifnetly a must try!

And to think PBR didn't make the list... :rofl:
It's on the extended version of the list... right under Little Kings.

This yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 Guinness

Ahh. Sorry. ;)

Here is the recipe I got from radio talk show host Brian Sussman:

Place ribs (meat side up) in ceramic or glass baking pan.
Cover both sides of the baby back ribs with BBQ rib rub of choice (I prefer Kirkland&rsquo;s Sweet Mesquite BBQ Rub). By the way, St. Louis pork ribs work just as well. If you like to trim off the membrane that&rsquo;s fine, but this recipe will make the final product tender-licious either way.
NOTE: I cannot guarantee this recipe for beef ribs.
Pour Samuel Adam&rsquo;s Cream Stout (or if you prefer, Guinness Stout&mdash;it&rsquo;s more readily available) into pan, an inch deep. DO NOT try this with anything other than dark beer.
Cover with aluminum foil. Let sit for an hour.
Preheat oven to 325. Bake ribs (in the pan, with the beer, covered with the foil) for two and a half hours. Turn off heat. Let ribs remain in closed oven for another hour.
Braise ribs over a really hot BBQ grill. This is &ldquo;show time;&rdquo; all we&rsquo;re doing here is putting some grill marks on the meat. I usually do about three minutes on the bone side, and then three on the meat side, and then flip &lsquo;em over. Make sure you keep them on long enough to get the nice grill marks on the meat.
Next, slather on your favorite BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays is a winner in my household) to both sides.
Get the ribs off the grill and onto serving plate (don&rsquo;t be surprised if a few bones fall off in the process&ndash;this meat is super tender).
One final note: place a roll of paper towels on the dinner table&ndash;you&rsquo;ll need &lsquo;em.

Ahh. Sorry. ;)

Here is the recipe I got from radio talk show host Brian Sussman:

Place ribs (meat side up) in ceramic or glass baking pan.
Cover both sides of the baby back ribs with BBQ rib rub of choice (I prefer Kirkland&rsquo;s Sweet Mesquite BBQ Rub). By the way, St. Louis pork ribs work just as well. If you like to trim off the membrane that&rsquo;s fine, but this recipe will make the final product tender-licious either way.
NOTE: I cannot guarantee this recipe for beef ribs.
Pour Samuel Adam&rsquo;s Cream Stout (or if you prefer, Guinness Stout&mdash;it&rsquo;s more readily available) into pan, an inch deep. DO NOT try this with anything other than dark beer.
Cover with aluminum foil. Let sit for an hour.
Preheat oven to 325. Bake ribs (in the pan, with the beer, covered with the foil) for two and a half hours. Turn off heat. Let ribs remain in closed oven for another hour.
Braise ribs over a really hot BBQ grill. This is &ldquo;show time;&rdquo; all we&rsquo;re doing here is putting some grill marks on the meat. I usually do about three minutes on the bone side, and then three on the meat side, and then flip &lsquo;em over. Make sure you keep them on long enough to get the nice grill marks on the meat.
Next, slather on your favorite BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays is a winner in my household) to both sides.
Get the ribs off the grill and onto serving plate (don&rsquo;t be surprised if a few bones fall off in the process&ndash;this meat is super tender).
One final note: place a roll of paper towels on the dinner table&ndash;you&rsquo;ll need &lsquo;em.

I know what im making at the next family cookout :D

04699DB8-0659-47F5-B50A-D2DDA88C25DB-115-00000012E7FDA736.jpg

I can also vouch for this brew i have had a few from Innis and Gunn and they have all been great! If you have not had one give them a try for sure!

Being a beer addict , it is hard to do a top 10 since the variety nowadays is endless. Being in Savannah , i have the moon river brewery about 7 miles away. they don't even bottle. Wild heaven brewery , a new one out of ashville offers "invocation" , a belgian style ale 8.5% and "ode to mercy" , an imperial brown ale 8.2%. i love Leviathon (Harpoon) at 10%. Golden monkey is always a winner 9.5%. Rj rockers "Bell Ringer will get you where you're going 8.5%. The 11% version of Orange Blossom pilsner is amazing! very small brewery in FL. so many , so little time. i can't really enjoy anything under 8% anymore though.

I do really like Gaelic Ale from Highland Brewing co. out of Asheville NC. They bottle and have on tap as well. I think it taste better from the tap. : )

anyone try the Harpoon Leviathan ipa? i thought it was fantastic, in my top ten easily. its 10%, but you would never know unless someone told you.

Back