• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

True mustard color pods

I'm not a huge fan of mustard pods. I can never tell when they're ripe. Too much mustard color and they're mushy inside not enough and they're unripe. I guess not as bad as evergreen pods though. I refuse to grow those. Anyway here's some mustards I had this past season. A couple were surprises.

Mustard Brain Strain. A surprise. Grew out from the Australian Chocolate Brain Strain seeds. Very hot with decent flavor.
BS Mustard 11.10.15 002.JPG

BS Mustard 11.10.15 004.JPG

BS Mustard 4.JPG

Big Mustard Mama. Had a few different shapes. Super hot. Similar heat and flavor to the Mustard Brain Strain. All the mustard pods have a similar taste to me. A bit of that "green pepper" taste but not as strong
11.9.15 Pics 030.JPG

BMM 4.JPG

BMM 2.JPG

Moruga Mustard. Wasn't really a fan of these. Not as hot or tasty as all the other Moruga colors
Moruga Mustard 2.JPG

7 Pot Wes Mustard. These were supposed to be red. Got the plants from Duffy. 7 Pot Wes is still unstable. I ended up with yellow and mustard this year. Many pods were massive. Damn hot. Flavor was pretty good. 7 Pot flavor with a "green" note. Better than some of the other mustards I grew
Wes Mustard 1.JPG

Wes Mustard 3.JPG

Wes Mustard 4.JPG

Dale's Ghost Scorpion Mustard. Was supposed to be chocolate. I got one mustard plant and two reds. Plant was loaded with pods. Unfortunately most never got the chance to ripen. The mustard plant put off pods with some cool shapes. Growing around 15 plants this year and picking the best pheno to continue forward with this. Very hot. Taste was ok but again I'm not really a fan of mustard pod flavor
Harvest 9.20.15 009.JPG

Scorched said:
I'm not a huge fan of mustard pods. I can never tell when they're ripe. Too much mustard color and they're mushy inside not enough and they're unripe. I guess not as bad as evergreen pods though. I refuse to grow those. Anyway here's some mustards I had this past season. A couple were surprises.

Mustard Brain Strain. A surprise. Grew out from the Australian Chocolate Brain Strain seeds. Very hot with decent flavor.
attachicon.gif
attachicon.gif
attachicon.gif
BS Mustard 4.JPG

Big Mustard Mama. Had a few different shapes. Super hot. Similar heat and flavor to the Mustard Brain Strain. All the mustard pods have a similar taste to me. A bit of that "green pepper" taste but not as strong
attachicon.gif
11.9.15 Pics 030.JPG
attachicon.gif
BMM 4.JPG
attachicon.gif
BMM 2.JPG

Moruga Mustard. Wasn't really a fan of these. Not as hot or tasty as all the other Moruga colors
attachicon.gif
Moruga Mustard 2.JPG

7 Pot Wes Mustard. These were supposed to be red. Got the plants from Duffy. 7 Pot Wes is still unstable. I ended up with yellow and mustard this year. Many pods were massive. Damn hot. Flavor was pretty good. 7 Pot flavor with a "green" note. Better than some of the other mustards I grew
attachicon.gif
Wes Mustard 1.JPG
attachicon.gif
Wes Mustard 3.JPG
attachicon.gif
Wes Mustard 4.JPG

Dale's Ghost Scorpion Mustard. Was supposed to be chocolate. I got one mustard plant and two reds. Plant was loaded with pods. Unfortunately most never got the chance to ripen. The mustard plant put off pods with some cool shapes. Growing around 15 plants this year and picking the best pheno to continue forward with this. Very hot. Taste was ok but again I'm not really a fan of mustard pod flavor
attachicon.gif
Harvest 9.20.15 009.JPG
Hi tony thanks for posting those look great. The 7 pot wes has my eye. cheers

I'm growing the Mustard Hab this year also, seeing the pics have me even more excited!  Thx for sharing everyone! 

Only grew mustard habs 2 seasons ago, but I wasn't that impressed

heard good things about Mustard Bhut, seems to be very tasty and prolific, will give them a shot next season!

Roberto

2 summers ago tried some 7 Pot mustard pods from Wicked Mike. Those were really very good flavored and surprisingly hot.

Tried a few mustard lava pods last year and wasn't impressed, they did not live up to their name... not very hot and flavor seemed off.

Seems like there are more mustards out there to try :P.

jedisushi06 said:
always loved the mustard habanero, growing the mustard lava this year, i have no idea how hot they are or how they taste.  Check back with me late summer and i'll let you know.

How did the mustard lavas turn out?  Sounds awesome.

I grew the mustard lava last year and wasn't impressed.  7 pod mustard from a member here turned out to be my favorite mustard pod last season. 
20160928_115221.jpg

Cheers

Reactions: BSH
Scorched said:

attachicon.gif
attachicon.gif
attachicon.gif
BS Mustard 4.JPG

attachicon.gif
11.9.15 Pics 030.JPG
attachicon.gif
BMM 4.JPG
attachicon.gif
BMM 2.JPG

attachicon.gif
Moruga Mustard 2.JPG

attachicon.gif
Wes Mustard 1.JPG
attachicon.gif
Wes Mustard 3.JPG
attachicon.gif
Wes Mustard 4.JPG

attachicon.gif
Harvest 9.20.15 009.JPG

I can agree with the big mustard mama. I wasn't a fan of the flavour, but the pods I grew last year had a true mustard colour to them.
Loved the flavour of the mustard 7 pot Wes I tried this year though. So far the only mustard pod I've enjoyed the flavour of. Most just have a very grassy taste to them for me.

Back