• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Trying to make powder. Please help

I thought I could make my own pepper-flakes for making kimchee, I bought dried Thai peppers to use in my kimchee. As it turned out, the correct pepper flakes are a few very specific varieties of "Korean" peppers.

Rick (Stickman) and I are in the process of trying to determine and buy the seeds for the perfect mix of peppers for kimchee.

Anyway, I'd like to make hot-pepper-powder with the two very large bags of dried whole Thai peppers that I have. I tried to use my little food processor and, the powder is more "flakes" than powder. Plus, it is chock-full of seeds.

Do you powder-makers remove the seeds before drying? Would a blender work better than this Micky Mouse food processor?

Mason Jar and sifter!!!

:cool:

Kevin

51OAFiriwHL.jpg

:rolleyes:

GrinderW.JPG

I found trying to put chopped up dry peppers into the coffee grinder clogged it up. I used a Cooks.com bullet blender held in my hand at a 45 degree angle, gently shaking it as it went and all the dried peppers chopped up perfectly. Then I took it out and did a once through in a coffee grinder on espresso setting. Perfect. Look at my "rub" gallery to see how it came out. Like table salt granules.

Back