• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Typing Problem - Help!

First it is not the keyboard - I have tried three different ones, all with the same results. They work fine on a different system.

Either characters do not type, including the space key or the character "sticks" and a letter, space or delete is repeated six, eight, a dozen times - it depends on how quickly I can hit a key, usually backspace or the space bar.

I have plugged the USB plug into different outlets, rebooted the computer, every thing I can think of.

Ideas?

Mike

Bad USB hub. Found an open slot (not many on the computer) and it seems to be working. Strange though in that five other devices attached to the hub work.

Mike

wordwiz said:
Bad USB hub. Found an open slot (not many on the computer) and it seems to be working. Strange though in that five other devices attached to the hub work.

Mike

Thats happened quite a bit here at work. One port would just stop working out of the blue, almost like it 'burned out' so to speak.

Back