• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

baking Ultimate Baked Beans recipe done

They were nice and thick when served up for the BBQ, this was right outa the pan, and I hadn't even mashed! It was more to taste test them before making adjustmants. After this I added more brown sugar and they were yuuuuuummmmyyyy!

Oh so you tried that trick? Cool.

Finally getting around to posting some pics. After the bbq got going, I didn't have time to take pics, but here are a few from the afternoon.

12 racks of ribs, seasoned and with brown sugar, and one of some cooked ribs
b10883c2.jpg

2e48132f.jpg

The wind kicked up in the afternoon, so we tried to protect the smoker and keep the temp up.
26f6455e.jpg

re-heating the baked beans, same trouble with the wind-
26aa03eb.jpg

some appetizers
56e59ed6.jpg

views, this is while the ribs were cooking and the guys were all playing golf. A thunderstorm came up later in the afternoon, so they bagged the last round of golf.
37140d66.jpg

9f14dc9a.jpg

OK, I admit it, even at a bbq, I gotta have my bleach bucket-
90be86dd.jpg

(might have to put this one in the confessions thread)

Yes, it's smoked salmon. Brought by one of the guys on the crew.

sorry, Boss, didn't get any other than what's already been posted. :(

After the guys came back from golf, there was no time for pics, and then I had a glass of wine, and then another glass....and then the camera got forgotten. :lol:

TB- this picnic was for the guys on my husband's crew. I don't really know them, but they are a good bunch of guys and it was fun to give them a little reward dinner from the bosses. We had SOOOO much food!!! They kept telling me to "get more steaks", "get some brats"....I cooked for 30 and we had about 16 people including a few family members who joined us. I sent a cooler of leftovers to work with John. The guys loved that~

Shame, shame, shame SL! A thread you started about baked beans, and all of these fine people giving you suggestions,
And not ONE PIC? OUCH!

That's ok..... i guess... :rolleyes:

You know I kid, girl.
Xoxoxo

That's Right, TB! Scovie, you're lucky I'm still waiting for my coffee to brew or I'd be fetching The Corrector.

Besides, I already posted the pics I had of the beans...TWICE....and The Boss gave me hell for double posting the same pics! A bowl of beans pretty much looks like any other bowl of beans. The description and pics of the chorizo and onions....MMMMmmmmm.... that'll make you hungry.

:)

ps- thanks, chilifan~

That's Right, TB! Scovie, you're lucky I'm still waiting for my coffee to brew or I'd be fetching The Corrector.

Yes please, may I have another!

OK STOP! ..... safewordsafewordsafeword...OUCH!

I looked SL but all I see is a pic of black bean soup :mope:

No finished pics...

NEVER HAPPENED

I've been making salsa, gimme a break~

Boys, boys, boys..... SHEESH!

OK- I'm doing a combination of suggestions.
pinto and black beans
chorizo
onion
spices, black pepper (sorry geeme) salt
mustard, little bit of molassas, brown sugar, splash cider vin, tamari, beef broth, tomato sauce

I put the beans and some spices in the pressure cooker for about an hour, fried up the chorizo and onions. Then it all went into a big pan with the rest of the stuff and into the oven. One tester bowl, just cuz it was tasting guuud.
e05a07d9.jpg

671b62de.jpg

3f3097b3.jpg

24b51e91.jpg

e160d48c.jpg

side note- Hubby was talking with one of the guys this evening about the menu for the bbq and came back with "just one suggestion, It would be good to have some baked beans to go with the ribs".

:lol: "honey, they're already in the oven!"

There you go....AGAIN!!!!! I know they look a little soup-y, but this was right out of the pressure cooker, and before the oven. Now quit bugging me, I have hot sauce to make for Candice. :lol:

Scovie and THP! BEHAVE!
whip.gif

whip3.gif

One for each of you.

Back