• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Unripe 7Pod?

OK well i decided to put my plants back out into full sun since the freezing temps should be over. And i thought were i was i could grow peppers all year long wiht no worries i guess i learned the hard way. a few of my plants are showing signs of frost/ freezing symptoms. Soo this 2010 season will be my second year of growing peppers I learned alot the first year lost many many plants just to lack of knowledge. Anyways i was moving my plants out and noticed one of my 7pod's was barely hanging on must have been damaged when my bhut was destroyed. anyways i have a unripe 7pod what should i do with it?
IMG00725.jpg

I don't like green chili's except jalapenos and even then i still prefer ripe i would just pitch it you'll get more.

Put it in a paper bag maybe add an apple and see if it will ripen. I usually dfo this in the fall if we get hit by early frost and have to pick peppers green, works great. If they are not mature enough they won't ripen anyway but it's worth a try.

No need to waste it. May not taste as good as ripe, but you can still use it spice up something that needs the heat and already has the flavor.

jacob

I brought it to work and chopped it in half and downed the whole slice. had no heat or flavor like mr arboc said it" tasted like grass" way too immature then. :(

I'm starting to use mature green pods a lot more in cooking lately when I want to add just heat and not a lot of flavor.

huh i never thought of that potawie good call. This one had no heat or flavor is theyre a way to know when the green pod is mature enough to have heat?

Back