• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Update on Charles

It's been a while since I made an update. Yesterday we saw the radiation doctor. She officially is off the case unless he gets sick or needs her. For those who don't know Charles is a slender man, stands 6'1", average weight 135. Chemo and radiation usually take their toll especially on skinny people. He had been sick before he started chemo weighing 118 pounds. He finished chemo and radiation having lost only some of his hair and weighing 132 pounds!!! He sort of has this half Einstein hairdo going on, looks like a mad scientist. Next week we will see the chemo doctor for a dry ct scan, then in late June a PET scan will tell us how effective the treatments were. He's on oxygen 24/7 but feeling pretty good. He's up to 133 now. He has a collection of hats because he says he is NOT staying inside this summer!!! Things have settled down a bit here now.

Pepperwise we have ordered some plants and will have to buy the common ones that will be available at the greenhouses locally. We will still have some heat as most of the plants I bought were super hots. 12 is better than none!!! There's always next year. It's great to be able to think about getting garden in and ready for peppers.

I don't know either you or Charles but I am happy for the both of you! Good to hear a story with a happy tone to it. I know people that have been through Chemo, so I know what you are talking about. I'm glad to hear things are on an uptick. Get those peppers a rollin'. 12 plants will still produce a LOT of chiles for ya. Good luck and god bless!

sounds like Charles is a trooper Jackie...prayers still coming...

This week he had a ct scan and met with the chemo doctor. We have before and after pics of the results. The tumor has shrunk by more than half and there are no new spots!!!!! We are so happy with this news. He will have a PET scan the end of July to see how much good the treatments have done. I know many people have bad reactions to chemo and radiation but so far he's looking good. We are NOT going to dwell on possibilities but be happy for what is right now. None of us know what is in our future so we go on from here. Every day is a blessing and we plan to enjoy them. Depending on finances we might see you sometime this fall AJ, we're still planning the trip to TX to see his mother. She's 90 so we need to go visit her. Now that we have a break between drs visits we are excited about the garden and peppers!!!!

Now that's some great news! Way to go Charles! You too Jackie. ;) Keep those positive vibes going the both of you.

Back