• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

US$50 incl. postage - What should I get?

woohoo my tax return arrived & while I was just happy to get some $ back, after budgeting for bills, upcoming b'days etc...I got $50 stashed into the paypal to blow on some U.S hot sauce. It's not going to be much when the postage is included but what should I get?

Most of you probably know my tastes by now, no extract, yes it needs to be H:mouthonfire:T but it must have flavor too.

So if you've got a bargain or can point me the right way, would be much appreciated.

:cheers:

~bent

Hey Bent how about a little self promotion you can buy our Kato's Down South & some Hemi Hot Sauce.

Plus i have to agree with Sickmont Cape Fear's Red savina sauce is awesome.

Mick
Kato's

You can't really get THAT hot without extract - that said, the hottest non-extract (and one of my favorite) I've found is Fatalii Puree by Cajohn. It's 80% Fataliis. 10 is also fantastic.

Bent....I agree with Kato...the hemi sauce and the down south sauce are awesome with good heat...on a par with your pain and maybe getting close to your pain 2...I have not tried the Cape Fear Red Savina sauce yet...

I appreciate the input & I know exactly what everyone is saying as I scored a pack from Kato last year with the hemi & a sampler of down south.

Great sauces, really full flavors with good heat. But, I hope you understand I'm keen to try new stuff every time I ship stuff over. There is so much sauce there & I can only get so little at a time.

bentalphanerd said:
I appreciate the input & I know exactly what everyone is saying as I scored a pack from Kato last year with the hemi & a sampler of down south.

Great sauces, really full flavors with good heat. But, I hope you understand I'm keen to try new stuff every time I ship stuff over. There is so much sauce there & I can only get so little at a time.

Here, check out the review of Cape Fear
http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=797&highlight=cape+fear+red+savina

my experience from The hsff in Victoria ...try some of Jim Campbels stuff (Mild to Wild) , he's got a great range I like his Savini sauces I'll bring a bottle of his Pure arson to the shop for you try...check out his website,.. Or You could always get another bottle of 10, when your on a good thing...

actually the fatalii fire sounds good as does the puree

stillmanz said:
my experience from The hsff in Victoria ...try some of Jim Campbels stuff (Mild to Wild) , he's got a great range I like his Savini sauces I'll bring a bottle of his Pure arson to the shop for you try...check out his website,.. Or You could always get another bottle of 10, when your on a good thing...

actually the fatalii fire sounds good as does the puree

Thanks Mick, I'll catch up with you on Sunday....don't let me forget to bring THSC's goodies up with me.

Hiya bent gotta try Scorpions Hab Concentrate Sauce..first sauce that really captures the essence of peach hab..lots of peach habs and its a concentrate at a bargain price to $8,well worth a try :)

talas said:
Hiya bent gotta try Scorpions Hab Concentrate Sauce..first sauce that really captures the essence of peach hab..lots of peach habs and its a concentrate at a bargain price to $8,well worth a try :)

I put in an order already talas :cool:

Thetastiest hot sauce out there is by M & D's Ring of Fire XX Habanero. Its got decent sting, but won't set your world ablaze. A lot of people in the industry will agree with me if they have had it. They are based in California. CaJohn's has over 200 products and probably won more awards than anyone else in the hot sauce world. You might want to start with these from him:

1- Infused Bourbon Hot Sauce- cross between a bbq and a hot sauce, fantastic;
2- Any of his "10" Jolokia product line- hot sauce, salsa, mustard, bbq sauce, wing sauce(award winning}, rub;
3- Oaxacan- not exactly spicy, but best taco sauce out there;
4- Talon Hot Sauce
5- Jolokia Sausage- very hot the more you eat especially with the 10 mustard or bbq sauce. Damn I was sweating on those.

Someone mentioned Mild to Wild Pepper Company. The Fiery Hot Habanero is my favorite spicy bbq sauce.

Fat Kid Sauces- 2007 Scovie Champion Habanero Hot Sauce and is ready to launch another hot sauce I heard is excellent and I will say the best damn black bean salsa I have ever devoured in my life. Once you try it you will want more. That might not be a good thing living so far away. :lol:

Just cause I been eating alot of mango sauces as of late..
I'll say..

Fat Kid Sauces....Mango Amore
Three Hot Tamales...Make Me Moan Mango

and Pure Death

Bent what about some of cajohns lethal ingestion? I'm curious about this one ....it sounds very hot and havs alot of positive reviews?

And, for only $300 more, you can have me shipped out to you! Imagine, being the very first person on your block to have you very own Imaguitargod.

Back