• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

various ways to make powders

Scoville DeVille said:
OK, now I am just playin with y'all. :rofl:

Scovie Powder!!!
attachicon.gif
101_1376.JPG

attachicon.gif
101_1379.JPG

attachicon.gif
101_1381.JPG

attachicon.gif
104_1620.JPG

attachicon.gif
104_1663.JPG

Curry Powder!!!

attachicon.gif
104_3965.JPG

attachicon.gif
104_3977.JPG
Nice! What about flakes? Will this machine grind course too? Love my hot pepper flakes on my pasta.

SL3 said:
Nice! What about flakes? Will this machine grind course too? Love my hot pepper flakes on my pasta.

Scoville DeVille said:
If you are asking about the WARING spice grinder, it powders everything. A couple pulses, and you have pepper flakes (like at a pizza joint). Hold it on and it turns anything into baby powder, seeds, cinnamon sticks, etc. If you think about it, a lot of common spices ARE seeds, like Cumin. It comes with three stainless steel grinding bowls, each with lids. The cover over the top while grinding allows no powder to escape so you don't get that mushroom cloud. I bet this this thing would make sand out of gravel.

Reactions: SL3
Scovie, you're such a tease!  Get your butt to a (somewhat local) licensed kitchen and get that sctuff out for sale!

We have the same grinder. Hubby went through about 6 coffee grinders. We invested in this after he used the regular coffee grinder to make curry powder one day, didn't clean it properly and 'forgot' to mention it...made for an interesting and surprising cup of coffee the next day! Anyway have had the grinder about two years now and it's awesome!

bravesfan said:
I was asking about the blender/mason jar setup. I am thoroughly enthralled by the w Waring but will need to save up maybe for nect year
I leave the seeds in since all becomes powder, but you could remove them before hand if you desired. To be honest I see no difference between leaving them in or removing them, but that debate is around this forum somewhere too.

I gave the jar setup a go and my blender ate up my seeds so I have a nice powder evenly blended and pretty fine.
I have no problem keeping the seeds in if nothing else it gives me more powder lol

Back