• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Very Cool Translucent Pods

This one always intrigues me....not many pods you can see through! It's a second year plant now.

Chris

P1070359.jpg

Outstanding Chris...weird pods huh...

Okay - I admit it...I have no idea what those are. What kind of peppers are they? And how hot? 'Course they look cool! No doubt about that!

need more info chris
what they called? What the taste like? And where do you find all there obscure and wonderful chillis

It's a rare wild capsicum. It's been around the Finnish and German forums for many years and others such as John F grow it too. The berries have 1-3 seeds in them at best (contrary to what it looks like in the picture). They have no heat.

It has no culinary use IMO. The flowers have yellowish / green markings. It's very rare, but only if you're someone into these wild ones. This is a second year plant for me. I just enjoy saying I grew a rare one I guess.

Chris

Somehow they don't look hot anyway. They look great, but very much like some berry, but that's what chili "peppers" are, that just shows how wild this variety really is. Considering their size it's not surprising that they hardly contain any seeds.

They are very hard to germinate. I had great difficulty getting them to germinate two years ago.

A few more tiny berries from a wild capsicum. Much darker though!

Chris

P1070366.jpg

Back