• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Vincent's restarted 2014 glog***April 1st Pic Update***

I figured it was close enough to go ahead and start my 2014 grow. I have already sown many seeds and have a few seedlings as well. Some of you may have seen towards the end of my last grow I had an in-ground garden plot tilled. It's fairly large at 30' long by 25' wide, so it'll hold way more plants than I could ever use lol. I will fill it as much as I can without going overboard..... I am going to be growing the wilds in root pouches just for convenience mainly, I will overwinter all of them hopefully. I just don't want to have to dig them up and worry about damaging their roots. I have about 15-20 seedlings under the T5's right now along with a good bit ofs eeds I'mwai ting to pop up, and my lonely hydro plant (Yellow Daisy Cutter).

Here is a list of the seeds I've sown so far. The ones with a * beside it indicates that at least one has sprouted. This is definitely not a final list and will change constantly until mid January probably.

Forgot to add C. Parvifolium to that list. No sprouts yet though.

I will probably add

MOA Scotch Bonnet
Not Black Naga X Yellow Scotch Bonnet (my own cross, will not release)
My unnamed black hybrid (will not release)
7 pot Primo X (can't release)
7 Pot Jonah Yellow
7 Pot Chaguanas Yellow
7 Pot Rennie Red
7 Pot Rennie Brown
Brazilian Ghost Pepper
Cili Goronong
7 Pot Barrackpore Chocolate *pending trade*
Trinidad Scorpion VV7
Aji Pineapple
UBSC

There's a few more I can't remember. I am almost certain I will have to make some cuts, but I don't know which ones that will be lol. Some of them I'm only growing 1 plant just to (a)see if I like it, and (b) I'm runnning out of seed.

Congrats on the successful restart. Did I miss reading what caused the restart?

Darn, that is a lot of seeds you posted last week. Very cool.

Took a couple of quick pictures today

This is an odd one. Its supposedly seeds from the Chinese space grown peppers. I have found just a few articles about them and apparently in zero gravity the pods grow huge like feet long. Eh, who knows if it's true but we'll see.

Another interesting one. From Turkey, it's name translates to "bell quad" John Ford, who has done a lot of research on these middle eastern chiles, says that the Dolma varieties are like a large bell pepper but very sweet, like unnaturally sweet.

And finally, Fiona, our rott/pitt mix. Big ol goofy dog

Lookin' good cousin! Sorry about the restart, but glad to hear your daughter is out of the woods now and the new seedlings look like they're growing great. With the warmer weather at your latitude you should catch up in no time. Cheers! 

Very cool!

Fiona looks like a friendly happy gal! I have a pit/bull mastiff cross that's just a fantastic dog.

The King of Rare Varieties strikes again!!!

Fiona looks like a great dog. I bet she`s strong if she wants to be, HaHaHa!

Devv said:
Very cool!

Fiona looks like a friendly happy gal! I have a pit/bull mastiff cross that's just a fantastic dog.
Fiona is one of the best dogs we've ever had. She's definitely one of a kind....

Nigel said:
The King of Rare Varieties strikes again!!!

Fiona looks like a great dog. I bet she`s strong if she wants to be, HaHaHa!
Nah, I'm not a king lol. But I do come across the rare varieties.

Fiona is about 80-85lbs, she can be very strong when she's ready. She once got her rabies/name tag on her collar caught up in the chain link fence. She pulled so hard that she actually straightened out the key ring deal the tags were on. We lost the damn tags cause when she straightened it, the tags slid off. I think I have a picture of the ring somewhere.

Most of you reading this know that I had to restart all of my seedlings. I realized I had not posted what has sprouted and all that stuff. I just sowed a bunch of CAP accessions so I'll have to post that shortly.

7 Pot Rennie - 3
CGN 17190 - 2
Naga X Cumari O Passarinlo - 1
7 Pot Jonah Yellow - 4
Inca Red Drop - 1
CGN 19198 - 3
MA Pixie - 3
C . Praetermissum - 1
CGN 19243 - 1
NagaBrain Red F2 - 2
Fish Pepper - 2
JAFSH - 2
CGN 19233 - 3
CGN 23288 - 2
7 Pot Savannah - 2
Fatalii, White - 2
CGN 16981 - 2
7 Pot Chaguanas Yellow - 3
CGN 22795 - 2
CGN 24361 - 1
B.O.C - 1
T. S. Green - 2
Urfa Biber - 3
C. Tovarii - 2
XOXO - 1
Rocoto, Ecuador Red - 2
CGN 24353 - 1
CGN 22874 - 1
CGN 23255 - 1
Bhut, White - 2
7 Pot Evergreen - 3
Carolina Reaper "long" - 1
7 Pot Rennie, Brown - 2
Infinaga, Yellow - 3
NBN X YSB F1 - 2
Trinidad Green Bean - 1
Tsholo - 2
CGN 22081 - 1
Moruga, Brown - 1
Daisy Cutter Yellow - 2
CGN 22108 - 1
Bhut, chocolate - 1
Jamaican Hot Chocolate - 2
CGN 21551 - 1
Brain Strain hybrid - 2
Pimenta De Neyde X Naga Suomi - 2
CGN 21576 - 2
CGN 19243 - 1
Birgit's Loco - 2
My black hybrid - 3
Aleppo - 3
7 Pot Mustard - 2
C. Galapagoense - 4
C. Lanceolatum - 4
C. Flexuosum - 2
NagaBrain Chocolate - 2
Trinidad Viper X Purple Bhut F3 - 2
7 Pot Bubblegum - 2
Rocoto, Brown - 2
Serpent Noir - 2
Butch T X Yellow TS - 2

Whew, that's alot of typing on a damn phone lol.

Jeff H said:
It is more impressive that you had the patience to type all that on a phone.
Believe me, it was wearing thin towards the end lol. I have a Galaxy S3 so it wasn't too bad, just took forever
Jeff H said:
It is more impressive that you had the patience to type all that on a phone.
Believe me, it was wearing thin towards the end lol. I have a Galaxy S3 so it wasn't too bad, just took forever

Barley-pop57 said:
Very nice list, Vincent !!!!  Really great on typing all that too !!!!!    Look forward to seeing pics of them growing up
They are still pretty small, I'd say 75% of them have at least one set of true leaves.

And I was actually just about to go take a few pictures

Damn man that is a shit ton of phone typing!!!!! Excited to watch the white fatalii and fish peppers this year!

Chewi said:
Damn man that is a shit ton of phone typing!!!!! Excited to watch the white fatalii and fish peppers this year!
You and me both. I'm actually excited about everything. I don't believe I have a single repeat variety from last year except my solid black hybrid that Nigel tested. He is also growing it out for me.
Here's the pictures that were promised.

Need a bump please, I only have a couple more though.

Back