• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Vincent's restarted 2014 glog***April 1st Pic Update***

I figured it was close enough to go ahead and start my 2014 grow. I have already sown many seeds and have a few seedlings as well. Some of you may have seen towards the end of my last grow I had an in-ground garden plot tilled. It's fairly large at 30' long by 25' wide, so it'll hold way more plants than I could ever use lol. I will fill it as much as I can without going overboard..... I am going to be growing the wilds in root pouches just for convenience mainly, I will overwinter all of them hopefully. I just don't want to have to dig them up and worry about damaging their roots. I have about 15-20 seedlings under the T5's right now along with a good bit ofs eeds I'mwai ting to pop up, and my lonely hydro plant (Yellow Daisy Cutter).

Here is a list of the seeds I've sown so far. The ones with a * beside it indicates that at least one has sprouted. This is definitely not a final list and will change constantly until mid January probably.

Forgot to add C. Parvifolium to that list. No sprouts yet though.

I will probably add

MOA Scotch Bonnet
Not Black Naga X Yellow Scotch Bonnet (my own cross, will not release)
My unnamed black hybrid (will not release)
7 pot Primo X (can't release)
7 Pot Jonah Yellow
7 Pot Chaguanas Yellow
7 Pot Rennie Red
7 Pot Rennie Brown
Brazilian Ghost Pepper
Cili Goronong
7 Pot Barrackpore Chocolate *pending trade*
Trinidad Scorpion VV7
Aji Pineapple
UBSC

There's a few more I can't remember. I am almost certain I will have to make some cuts, but I don't know which ones that will be lol. Some of them I'm only growing 1 plant just to (a)see if I like it, and (b) I'm runnning out of seed.

Ok so here is an updated list of what has sprouted.

Example: 1. Pepper - # currently sprouted (I did not keep track of how many of each variety I sowed because it varied between varieties)

1. Joyner Mystery Wine - 3
2. 7 Pot Mustard - 4
3. 7 Pot Chaguanas Yellow - 3
4. Fatalii Jigsaw - 2
5. White Naga - 3
6. 7 Pot Jonah Yellow - 4
7. UBSC - 1
8. 7 Pot Caramel - 2
9. Purple Tiger - 1
10. Brain Strain Hybrid - 1
11. Trepadeira Do Werner - 3
12. Aji Bolsa De Dulce - 2
13. Aleppo - 5
14. Cornish Naga - 4
15. Aji Pineapple - 2
16. White Fatalii - 2
17. CGN 22855 - 2
18. Birgit's Loco - 2
19. Caramel Moruga - 2
20. Jonah X Naga Morich F7 - 3
21. Tepin X Lemon Drop F2 - 2
22. CGN 17003 - 3
23. CGN 20497 - 2
24. Trinidad Seasoning - 1
25. Lucy - 1
26. Daisy Cutter Yellow - 2
27. 7 Pot Lava - 2
28. Butch T X 7 Pot - 1
29. Bhut Orange Copenhagen - 2
30. 7 Pot Bubblegum - 2
31. Bhut Jolokia, Light Green - 2
32. Serpent Noir - 1
33. Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion - 3
34. Carolina Reaper "Long Pheno" (Jamison) - 2
35. CGN 22081 (C. Annuum var Grossum) - 2
36. CGN 16891 (C. Annuum var Longum) - 2
37. CGN "secret" "Urfa type" - 2
38. CGN "secret #2" - 2
39. CGN 23288 (Mbilimbile, C. Frutescens) - 2

Few others that I haven't potted up yet, therefore haven't counted lol

Your grow has it going in spades, brother.  
That's an awesome light future you knocked out!  

Barley-pop57 said:
Glad to see that things are back on track for you.  Impressive list...should keep you busy !!!
Thanks barley,

Oh the list just got a lot better......like 100 fold better. And that is because I just got me a big ol thick package from CGN........in that package were 50 accessions. So woo hoo, time to sow more seeds.

There are a couple varieties that I know nobody else will have, they were bred by CGN. I won't give the whole secret away butI will say that they are of the "Urfa" type.

coheed196 said:
Thanks barley,

Oh the list just got a lot better......like 100 fold better. And that is because I just got me a big ol thick package from CGN........in that package were 50 accessions. So woo hoo, time to sow more seeds.

There are a couple varieties that I know nobody else will have, they were bred by CGN. I won't give the whole secret away butI will say that they are of the "Urfa" type.

Mmm, how is that possible that you got seeds from CGN? They don't sell or give to us regular pepper growers, only companies. At least I got that for an answer couple of years ago when I contacted them. Also I didn't know they bred varieties themselves. Thanks for the insights. I try to collect as many CGN varieties as possible but it's really hard.

Man, that's a passel o' seeds!  Some very interesting varieties in there!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Awesome package arrival! I cannot wait to see how those mystery pods turn out for you. Hopefully more of the same.
Oh I'm looking forward to them as well. I know you sent me a handful of pods and I remember they were a Burgundy type color but that's about all lol
meatfreak said:
Cool, Vincent! That's a lot of very interesting varieties. Are you gonna grow them out this season or just a few?
Hell no, there's no way I could grow all of the different varieties in one season lol.

Basically I just picked a few (10-15) that I thought sounded interesting or I found pictures and chose based on the pictures

Jeez man,  what a haul there.  Meatie would love to have some of them CGN's.  I know he's been lookin for em.  That "Long Pheno"  Carolina Reaper had Bhut like pods last year.  I'm growing a plant from them seeds as well.  Really wondering how there gonna turn out!

Got a bit of an update. Since I had to restart most everything, I'm way behind my normal growth this time of year. My plants were already outside this time last year. Anyways everything is coming along nicely though. Anyways, here are some pictures of sprouts.

My own cross from last year. Not Black Naga X Yellow Scotch Bonnet F1

That's it for now but I'm repotting some stuff shortly and will snap a few more.

Back