• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Vincent's restarted 2014 glog***April 1st Pic Update***

I figured it was close enough to go ahead and start my 2014 grow. I have already sown many seeds and have a few seedlings as well. Some of you may have seen towards the end of my last grow I had an in-ground garden plot tilled. It's fairly large at 30' long by 25' wide, so it'll hold way more plants than I could ever use lol. I will fill it as much as I can without going overboard..... I am going to be growing the wilds in root pouches just for convenience mainly, I will overwinter all of them hopefully. I just don't want to have to dig them up and worry about damaging their roots. I have about 15-20 seedlings under the T5's right now along with a good bit ofs eeds I'mwai ting to pop up, and my lonely hydro plant (Yellow Daisy Cutter).

Here is a list of the seeds I've sown so far. The ones with a * beside it indicates that at least one has sprouted. This is definitely not a final list and will change constantly until mid January probably.

Forgot to add C. Parvifolium to that list. No sprouts yet though.

I will probably add

MOA Scotch Bonnet
Not Black Naga X Yellow Scotch Bonnet (my own cross, will not release)
My unnamed black hybrid (will not release)
7 pot Primo X (can't release)
7 Pot Jonah Yellow
7 Pot Chaguanas Yellow
7 Pot Rennie Red
7 Pot Rennie Brown
Brazilian Ghost Pepper
Cili Goronong
7 Pot Barrackpore Chocolate *pending trade*
Trinidad Scorpion VV7
Aji Pineapple
UBSC

There's a few more I can't remember. I am almost certain I will have to make some cuts, but I don't know which ones that will be lol. Some of them I'm only growing 1 plant just to (a)see if I like it, and (b) I'm runnning out of seed.

Looking good Vincent !!!!  By the way did you ever receive your care pkg about a month back....if not then the postman should be happy...lol.

Keep up the good work.  Sounds and looks like an interesting list.

Barley-pop57 said:
Looking good Vincent !!!!  By the way did you ever receive your care pkg about a month back....if not then the postman should be happy...lol.

Keep up the good work.  Sounds and looks like an interesting list.
I did get some jerky from you but it was about 2 weeks ago. I meant to write you saying that I received it. We have been staying in the hospital with our 20 month old so I haven't been home much.

Which brings me to this. I lost just about every seedling I had. Out of the 200 or so I had, only around 10 survived. I literally cried when we finally got back home from our 3 weeks in the hospital. I have basically started over and sowed what I had seeds for again. Sucks that some of them I only had 5 seeds of a couple rare varieties that didn't survive. But our daughter definitely took priority and I'll be happy with whatever decides to sprout again.

Gee cousin... I'm glad your daughter's OK, but losing all those seedlings just sucks... is there anything I have that you could use in the way of seeds? We're pullin' for ya here... we're all in this together!

Sorry about your plants, family is what really counts. And I hope things went well for your daughter.

Good luck on the restart!

Sorry to read about your daughter and your plants.  I don't have those seeds yet so I can't help you there and the ones I do have you probably already have. 
I hope everything is okay with your daughter and your other friends can help you out on your seed quest.  Glad you got your jerky though instead of the mailman.

Wishing you the best going forward buddy

stickman said:
Gee cousin... I'm glad your daughter's OK, but losing all those seedlings just sucks... Is there anything I have that you could use in the way of seeds? We're pullin' for ya here... we're all in this together!
Yea she's doing better now. She kept having seizures so they basically put her in a coma to stop them. Not a full blown coma, but she was quite sedated. As far as seeds go, I think I'm set. I have seeds to replace most everything I lost except those select few. Thanks though
Devv said:
Sorry about your plants, family is what really counts. And I hope things went well for your daughter.

Good luck on the restart!
Thanks man.
Barley-pop57 said:
Sorry to read about your daughter and your plants.  I don't have those seeds yet so I can't help you there and the ones I do have you probably already have. 
I hope everything is okay with your daughter and your other friends can help you out on your seed quest.  Glad you got your jerky though instead of the mailman.

Wishing you the best going forward buddy
Yes we definitely already ate all of the jerky. Thanks

That had to be scary. Glad to hear that things sound better. 20 months is so young to be going through that stuff.  Hang in there.  If you do need seeds, I bet you could just throw a request out on this glog, and I imagine those of us who follow you would help out where we could.  I'd be willing and Rick already offered, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Rebelgrower3 was nice enough to offer the more rare seeds I lost.

The only other thing I would like to grow that I lost is some Rocopica.

I'll try to get some pictures up here shortly

Holy smokes you've been a very busy man! You're taking it to the next level eh Vincent? Best of luck to you my friend.

Thanks guys. I will have to retype my grow list. It changed a bit since most everything died and I didn't have seeds to replace everything that died but oh well

Vincent, glad your back and the fam is doing good.  I have a daughter just a couple months younger than yours,  and I'd def ditch the plants to make sure she's alright!  I know you probably have lots of offers for seeds coming in right now but here is mine as well.  Good luck with the restart!

Jamison said:
Vincent, glad your back and the fam is doing good.  I have a daughter just a couple months younger than yours,  and I'd def ditch the plants to make sure she's alright!  I know you probably have lots of offers for seeds coming in right now but here is mine as well.  Good luck with the restart!
Yea, I had to come home every day to feed our dogs and let them out to do their business lol but I didn't want to be gone longer than I had to be ya know? So I didn't take the time to check on the plants but oh well, most everything is being replaced except for a few rare types that I don't expect to get seeds for any time soon

I know what you mean for sure.  You almost feel guilty if you took the extra time to take care of em.  I know my wife hates the time my plants get from me. I could only imagine if something happened while being gone from the Hospital while your taking a few extra minutes to make sure your other babies are doing alright.  I'd never, ever hear the end of that.

coheed196 said:
Not unless you have: Borg9, choco Primo, choco Brain Strain, or red or brown Bhutlah (Semillas La Palma version is fine with me)
Have a few bhutlah brown SLPs left. Will get them out this week.

Back