• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Vincent's restarted 2014 glog***April 1st Pic Update***

I figured it was close enough to go ahead and start my 2014 grow. I have already sown many seeds and have a few seedlings as well. Some of you may have seen towards the end of my last grow I had an in-ground garden plot tilled. It's fairly large at 30' long by 25' wide, so it'll hold way more plants than I could ever use lol. I will fill it as much as I can without going overboard..... I am going to be growing the wilds in root pouches just for convenience mainly, I will overwinter all of them hopefully. I just don't want to have to dig them up and worry about damaging their roots. I have about 15-20 seedlings under the T5's right now along with a good bit ofs eeds I'mwai ting to pop up, and my lonely hydro plant (Yellow Daisy Cutter).

Here is a list of the seeds I've sown so far. The ones with a * beside it indicates that at least one has sprouted. This is definitely not a final list and will change constantly until mid January probably.

Forgot to add C. Parvifolium to that list. No sprouts yet though.

I will probably add

MOA Scotch Bonnet
Not Black Naga X Yellow Scotch Bonnet (my own cross, will not release)
My unnamed black hybrid (will not release)
7 pot Primo X (can't release)
7 Pot Jonah Yellow
7 Pot Chaguanas Yellow
7 Pot Rennie Red
7 Pot Rennie Brown
Brazilian Ghost Pepper
Cili Goronong
7 Pot Barrackpore Chocolate *pending trade*
Trinidad Scorpion VV7
Aji Pineapple
UBSC

There's a few more I can't remember. I am almost certain I will have to make some cuts, but I don't know which ones that will be lol. Some of them I'm only growing 1 plant just to (a)see if I like it, and (b) I'm runnning out of seed.

stickman said:
Good on ya Vince, I'm glad you didn't pack it in after losing your initial starts! What a nice-looking list... babies look happy too. Good luck with round two. :dance:
Hells no lol. I only did it because my season is so long so I knew I would still get decent harvests. Now had I lived up by you, then I would have had to think about it....Nah I'd probably just have grown annuums lol

Wow - some crazy and unusual varieties! They are looking great!  It'll be interesting to see how they turn out and what the pods look like.  Your glog will be an education in pepper varieties for me!

Barley-pop57 said:
Glad you got a new start !!!!  I don't think it would be possible here In IA.  I like the looks of the "hairy" ones. Look forward to updates.
Thanks Barley, I did contemplate on it for a couple of days but, I did the math and figured I'd still probably get at least 3 or 4 big harvests before Oct rolls around. Last year my plants were outside and alive up until Oct 26th. They could've survived longer had I kept bringing them in at night and putting back out during the day.

maximumcapsicum said:
Love the rare varieties Vince! Keep the pics comin'! 
Thanks man, I'm looking forward to them as well
patrick said:
Best of luck on the second go-round Vincent. I am jealous of you southern growers.
Thanks Patrick, so far everything is growing as it should lol.

You may be jealous of my long season, but I'm jealous of the FL and Southern CA year round season.

I got the seeds in the mail the other day - thank you so much!  what an awesome collection!
I'm putting together a couple things to send your way, I hope to get it in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Pulpiteer said:
I got the seeds in the mail the other day - thank you so much!  what an awesome collection!
I'm putting together a couple things to send your way, I hope to get it in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Awesome, glad they made it. I'll keep an eye out for your package

Back