• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Alternative Burger Throwdown

Best Alternative Burger?

• Balls - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31623-begin-burger-royale-round-3-alternative/page_

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yumyumyellow - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31623-begin-burger-royale-round-3-alternativ

• mygrassisblue - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31623-begin-burger-royale-round-3-alternati

• zdecker - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31623-begin-burger-royale-round-3-alternative/pag

• wrightdaddy - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31623-begin-burger-royale-round-3-alternative

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna take a day and contemplate. Lots of good ones, but this is too tough to knee-jerk it.

Boss, I love your chicken & waffle burger, but like the Gyro burger I'm not seeing the originality - it's pretty much how I eat chicken & waffles, only boneless. Love the flavors and glad you used a snappy Louisiana sauce to complement the syrup & savory chicken, but at then end of the day it's chicken & waffles.

The 3 ladies have my attention so far - Geeme, LadySic & TB. (lol) - these are some ridiculously good creations. Gonna be tough to beat 'em. Sum is screwed because he basically made a Gyro, pita & all. Couple of the buffalo burgers have my attention too....man, this is the toughest one I've had to vote for. Great job everyone!

Impressed with all the entries!

Have fun voting.

I'll have to look and vote tomorrow...I'm impressed by everything I've seen so far. Awesome job everyone! Boss I love to see ya enter =) I'm just glad I got an entry in for all three. I'm proud of what I've made but next month I have to tone down the calorie count lol. But don't worry I won't sacrifice flavor. Now I must get back to my fishin'....good luck ya'll

The sic family both did so damn great i'm afraid they may cancel each other out.

Lots of good choices. Well done!

Thanks FD......as far as cancelling each other out, I'm hoping the crispy shrimp panko omlete atop the salmon helps push the envelope, and we won't have to worry about that being an issue :shh:
What is really awesome though.........We get to sample two entries instead of one.......I'm kinda liking that part!

Deciding is very tough........Everyone just keeps bringing it and bringing it to these throwdowns. I love it, and everyone has done a great job! Very impressive and inspiring!

Geeme.......you had me intrigued with asparagas.......and then sauce........and I found my brain fast forwarding to a potential future throwdown.................(don't ask me how I made the leap, I don't remember that part)............................................THE BLT plus THREE (peppers, cheese, and sauce)....

and now I'm all a flame with the desire to create.......
Yup, I guess I caught the TD bug

As of right now...DTS, PK, and Sum are in my top contenders listbut that could change a bit as I scroll through them AGAIN tomorrow. I wanted to make a jerk burger...not sure I could have topped DTS'. I really wanted to make a Lebanese burger...and Sum's gyro entry is like that chick at the bar you should have talked to...and you know you probably couldn't have gotten her...but you kick yourself in the ass for not going with your gut. PK's entry is the shit. Completely ignoring the fact that I hate sweet potatoes...that burger looked like a beast. In fact...it was the only entry that contained a major ingredient I don't like...that made me say, "I'd eat that, even with "that" in it. I do like MGiB's pineapple piggie...and even Balls brat-burger.

I'll figure it out tomorrow.

This one is going to be tough to decide.

Definitely a tough decision! I chose yours because I like Bison. Like you, I like mine med rare, and yours was perfect looking and juicy. What put it over the top for me was the combination of spices you chose, mango hab honeymustard, the lovely asparagus, and the COLORS! Fresh! I can imagine the combo of flavors and textures.......YUM!

This was the toughest vote yet. I wish I had 5 votes as there was at least that many worthy entrants.

2nd & 1st runners up: Geeme & Lady Sic (in that order) - the freshness & color, the combo of sweet & savory really made both of these stand out - my compliments on throwing down - you're both total badasses.

My final vote went to TB for the russian king crab sliders - hollandaise really put them over the top IMO.

Again, I loved the chicken & waffles burger and the gyro burger - they look delicious & I'd eat both in a heartbeat. But that said, there just wasn't much originality for me. They we're what they were - the chicken & waffle burger at least used a fillet of boneless chicken, but the gyroburger - Sum it's like you didn't even try to make it your own. It just looks like a gyro With 2 pitas instead of 1 (or, pretty much the way I ordered them in Holland)

Both delicious i'm sure but neither held a candle to the bison, deer and other meats out there & especially not Geeme, LadySic & TB's throw downs. The seafood was awesome looking.

Good luck TB!

Actually it's 1 lb. of ground chicken with maple syrup mixed in formed into a patty. Not a boneless breast that would not be a boiger! :) Mother &^%$$ was hard to flip! LOL

And what set this off was the rosemary in the breading (if I may say so myself), and the compound butter dripping throughout.

Keep voting peeps! This is a hard one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back