• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! Asian Throwdown

Whose was best?

• Nick - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/21711-begin-asian-throwdown/page__view__findpost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Novacastrian - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/21711-begin-asian-throwdown/page__view__

• DaQatz - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/21711-begin-asian-throwdown/page__view__findpo

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Who had the bessssssssssssstttt?!

This was epic! I didn't have time to look as it was going on, and I had no idea there were 18 amazing entries!

Vote!

That was the most impressive TD I have seen, and EVERY entry looked great! :clap: :clap: :clap:

It was hard to pick just one, but I'm a sucker for Soo-Shee!

Wow! How are we supposed to vote when EVERYTHING looks worthy!?

I just had to go the "what do I feel like right now?" and TB, hope ya don't mind but I'm jumping on a plane and I'm coming over for dinner!

I would like to drop some honorable mentions too but I'd just about list every other plate on the menu!

All of the dishes look rather scrumptious but going on my voting system that i just made up (ease of making versus final result) i just had to vote for the rain that falls in the jungle.

Well done to everyone, there isn't one dish entered that i wouldn't smash down, with my fingers no less! Don't need knives and forks with this stuff AND i would lick the plates, ALL OF THE PLATES :D

I can see having several of these dishes in various combinations....including my own!

I think it's the "buffet mentality". :cool:

I thought they were all great! Texas Blues, Salsa Lady, and Paulky2 all had beautiful entries but I had to go with Jungle Rain's fabulous plating. Congrats all!

Mike

Since it was on Mum's Day, I have honored my mutha by voting for her pick...TB. Of course they all look fantastic. I agree that a buffet would be the only way to go. I loved the Green Chili Curry, the Seafood, the stirfrys and of course the sushi. My ribs were pretty good too. Fun throwdown.

Nah, she only wanted to look yesterday after I gave her some short ribs and told her I made them for the throwdown. She was immediately in love with TB. Typical.

Holy Asia Batman :eek: :eek: Everything looked delish. Hard to pick the winner... but my vote goes to Soo-Shee. That looked fresh and AWESOME!

Honorable mention to SalsaLady. Love the plating and the flower!

Well it came down to three out of all those great dishes that everybody worked so hard on. JR, TB and paulky. All three I wanted to stick my face through monitor for. The plating was great. But alas only one vote and have to go with the Soo_Shee.

Looked like you ran down to the local sushi bar and grabbed some rolls and Nigirizushi. Paulky if you had added some tuna sashimi I'd of figured out a way to hack THPs system and give you 97 votes.

Great job everyone, I'm sorry I had to miss it.

Thanks logchief!

I actually looked for some nice tuna while I was shopping...

What I saw.....you wouldn't have wanted either! ;)

Too many. Have to read the whole thread again and make some harsh decisions to cut it down. +marks for paper cranes and moulded rice hills -marks for seafood claws that look like they want to nip me :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back