• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Chopped TD

Who made the BEST entry with Apples, Peanut Butter, Bourbon, and Pork?

• Booma - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/32286-begin-chopped-fight-for-independence/page__st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lady Sic [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/32286-begin-chopped-fight-for-independence/page__s

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!! Everyone put on quite a show. This one was very difficult to choose, but frydad got my vote. That ice cream looks amazing! Great job everyone. :dance:

Coincidentally, props to Chile Juju and SumofmyBits for creating entries that I thought were very close to winners.

For me personally, I award my vote on this one to the DeathtoSnails.

Haha LDHS, I appreciate it. I laughed as I typed out the name, that's for sure.

There were so many good entries! Very hard to decide. I'd honestly eat every single one of them. They all looked good!

Thanks for the votes....It's the most votes I've gotten in all of my Tdown's combined(I think?) so I'm a happy camper however this turns out :dance:

Gotta say, this was a really good challenge... and one that I utterly FAILED on. I couldn't handle the peanut butter.

But there were others that did MUCH better with it. Big props to CJ. That tenderloin has just that slight touch of pink... perfect.

But in the end... I think LunchBox... even with his mediocre photos [Give him time... his skills are still building... he almost had it in that final post shot.] gets my vote. Great smoke ring, great flavors, good bark on the ribs... good job LB.

Gotta say, this was a really good challenge... and one that I utterly FAILED on. I couldn't handle the peanut butter.

But there were others that did MUCH better with it. Big props to CJ. That tenderloin has just that slight touch of pink... perfect.

But in the end... I think LunchBox... even with his midiocre photos [Give him time... his skills are still building... he almost had it in that final post shot.] gets my vote. Great smoke ring, great flavors, good bark on the ribs... good job LB.

I thought yours had one of the best presentation pics - looks awesome. :cheers:

(I mean, no pineapple, but...)

In the end I narrowed it to LB, Marcie & Rocketman. Loved what all of them did - as someone mentioned, hard to do pork & peanut butter without going Asian, so big props there. Salsalady's also gets a shout out for delicious sounding, as do both the Thai-style appetizers (meatballs & awesome spring rolls) - and as mentioned I liked the appearance of Sum's. All looked delicious and the deserts are something I'd love to try, especially that thing with the gnosh and geeme's cookies.

That all said, I simply could not vote against America or Freedom, so Marcie got my vote. It also happens to look fantastic - the cole slaw with the pulled pork just so works, and I love the peanut butter in the pork.

Heck of a job by everyone though. I hope my next success is as good as Sum's self-proclaimed "fail" here. :cheers:

If I were voting based on photo, Marcie had it. LB did ok. To much shadow on the plate, needed more contrast, and a more shallow depth of field would have been nice. The composition was good. It just needed some more natural light. It looks like it was shot under flourescents. He still nailed it though. LB brings the noise EVERY time. Always something good cooking over there.

This is ridiculously difficult!!! My vote changes each time I look thru them again!

But I'm getting it narrowed down...there are a few that have been haunting me since I first saw their teasers....

I'm still blown away at how well this TD went! HUGE variety with 4 common ingredients.

Great call Boss! It was alot of fun! :)

If I were voting based on photo, Marcie had it. LB did ok. To much shadow on the plate, needed more contrast, and a more shallow depth of field would have been nice. The composition was good. It just needed some more natural light. It looks like it was shot under flourescents. He still nailed it though. LB brings the noise EVERY time. Always something good cooking over there.

$#!+... what's your critique of my photos? I try my damndest to bring the rain. Am I just a drizzle fo' shizzle?

Yeah...I'm not a photog. Anyone with some sound advice on how to take decent pics...PLEASE PM it to me...seriously.

Thanks for the uptick on the votes.

Sum...I ran into the same thing...the peanut butter was the "fly in the ointment"...coaxing it out, without it dominating was very tough. Which is exactly why this TD took me the entire weekend. I worked on the sauce for 3 days...until realizing...just like you don't puree raw onion with fresh tomato for a salsa...you gotta let them be who they be...then toss them in together.

Pic help...I'm serious here...because I have no artistic vision for pics, and even plating.

LB did ok. To much shadow on the plate, needed more contrast, and a more shallow depth of field would have been nice.

LB has shallow depth of field in pic 2 and it ruins the pic of the pulled pork, being out of focus. So yeah it's all cool, unless you have 3 things on the plate you want judged. So his pic 1 is much better!

Did some of you think this was the Food Photography TD? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back