• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Chopped TD

Who made the BEST entry with Apples, Peanut Butter, Bourbon, and Pork?

• Booma - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/32286-begin-chopped-fight-for-independence/page__st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lady Sic [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/32286-begin-chopped-fight-for-independence/page__s

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's getting close, LB is within 1 now of the deck. Could be either one or will we see a come from behind by Marcie. Stay in your seats and don't change that dial folks. Your not gona forgive yourselves if you miss it!

:onfire:

Well, LB...it's just time. I can't get your meal out of me head! In fact, just came home from the stoh w/ honey roasted peanuts and dried beans...you know what I'm up to! ;) I love how you kept layering, and layering the TD ingredients!

I have to say tho...Marcie's sammie, DaRooster's rolls, and DTS sinful dessert have been haunting me too! It's soooo hot here, and a bite of any of those would be pure bliss right now!!!

You know, you guys are making it tough. Right now the vote is 10-10. I could be a tie breaker. Could be.

zdecker used breakfast sausage. I'm frequently not a huge fan of breakfast sausage. Why? Because many breakfast sausages include the one ingredient in LB's dish that is also making me hesitant to vote for it. Yeah, if you've been around a bit, you know what I'm talking about.....

Gemme...I see no BP in these ingredients :P

Jimmy-Dean-Roll-Sausage-Regular.jpg
  • INGREDIENTS: PORK, WATER, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF THE FOLLOWING: CORN SYRUP, SALT, SPICES, SUGAR, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, FLAVORINGS.

LOL - Did you notice the ever-so-generic item "spices" on the list?

And just what do you think that might include? Ok, "might" - you know I can taste even a small amount!

Hey I'm just going by the ingredient list, spices may or may not have BP, I didn't taste any :cheers: . LB's been picking up a lotta love(votes) this afternoon and maybe I need some too? :party:

It's tied! LB shot up from my last stop in here!

I started well, then lost steam and now I'm outta gas :( j/k

I don't enter these to win, it's a fun challenge and lets me try new stuff.

Good luck zdecker and LB. ps I haven't voted yet so I'm open to bribes :D

DTS - I'm with you dude! I have to admit, this was the most fun I've had w/ a TD!
It's no secret that grilling, let alone smoking, isn't my strong point, so "liberating" myself
from my comfort zone was a blast this time!
I found your dessert, as well as quite a few other entries, utterly inspiring!!!!! :D

It's tied! LB shot up from my last stop in here!

I started well, then lost steam and now I'm outta gas :( j/k

Good luck zdecker and LB. ps I haven't voted yet so I'm open to bribes :D

Wow, what would a bunch of Grog cost to ship over to Melbourne :P

C'mon - who doesn't like winning? LOL

I hope most of us have that kind of perspective. I knew from the start that my cookies wouldn't get many (or any!) votes against the other entries, but I had an idea and went for it. CHA-CHING! Maybe more rewarding than votes here: I brought a batch in to my client's office this morning. The number who heard the ingredients skeptically, then did a HUGE turnaround after trying them was a big WIN!

Thanks CJ.

zdecker, couldn't guess but it would be probably be cheaper to fly here yourself lol

I'm stuck on CJ, Booma and FD4.

CJ, perfectly cooked, moist pork. Yum.

I was going to make peanut butter ice cream and Booma did an awesome job there.

FD4, another awesome job with ice cream and some nice photo work as well.

I couldn't decide, so all three went into a coin toss elimination sudden death cage match.

Round 1: Booma vs FD4, the battle of Ice cream.

Booma 1, FD4 4. FD4 advances to the next round, round of applause for Booma :)

Round 2: FD4 vs CJ...

It was close folks...

FD4 2, CJ 3. CJ wins the vote. Round of applause for FD4.

Yay CJ :)

My motherfuckin spring rolls had the PERFECT balance of salty, sweet, sour and spicy and got 1 vote! Let's all meet up in the middle of the country and have some PROFESSIONAL judges taste our entries! :violin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back