• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Chopped TD

Who made the BEST entry with Apples, Peanut Butter, Bourbon, and Pork?

• Booma - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/32286-begin-chopped-fight-for-independence/page__st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lady Sic [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/32286-begin-chopped-fight-for-independence/page__s

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sum is already enrolling me in private photog lessons over here...sure as shit I need 'em!

Nah I like your pic 1. He was saying more shallow depth of field but that's only good for one subject like a plate of wings cuz you don't want part of your meal out of focus. I think you did great for judging food purposes.

I'll help you four-peat with the monkey-business you bring to the table, LB.

11464797.jpg

Nah I like your pic 1. He was saying more shallow depth of field but that's only good for one subject like a plate of wings cuz you don't want part of your meal out of focus. I think you did great for judging food purposes.

I want more depth of field on the second pic. Get that pulled pork sammie in focus!... maybe throw some hhhhwhiskey bottle and a half-filled rocker in the blurred-out background... money.

On that note, Rooster did some damn fine vittles. If his shots were tighter... and maybe a different angle...BAM!!! If he turned the plate about 60 degrees clockwise, repositioned the wine and glass, focused up tight on the first three wraps and had just Riesling plus just the glass stem blurred in the background.... $#!+ money fo' sho'. The other three wraps would have been out of focus (slightly, maybe) in this scenario, but we would all have understood what was going on.

More money with a banana leaf.

Don't start confusing people now Sum... lol... more depth of field = the opposite of shallow DOF.

I think you guys really want that "Food Photography" TD, never seen so much fuss! Y'all acted like you didn't want it. :lol:

You might be confused Dan... I NEVER said anything about a more shallow DOF. I want MORE DOF. (Or maybe a better focal point.) Raise up those f-stops!

Sleep it off... read back in the posts... have a blast when you wake up tomorrow. I'll tip one out for you tonight.

Oh I thought you said more DOF for a blurred whiskey bottle... never mind, the whiskey bottle has caused the blurriness :)

Y'all know you want Food Photography for August just admit it.

$#!+... what's your critique of my photos? I try my damndest to bring the rain. Am I just a drizzle fo' shizzle?

Hey man. You started it!

You take some of the best pics in the TDs so relax. Lol.

Ha! Well it's only really the lighting that bothered me. Natural light is key. We can't afford fancy glow boxes and stuff like that. Gotta use the big fire in the sky if possible. I'm no expert, I just know what I like. Frame the shot like Sum said.

Well my vote had to go for DTS, the cake creation looked amazing, you got a more detailed recipe as i definitely want to make it

Nice job to everyone else also, some crackers in this throwdown

Thanks Booma and cheers for everyone who has voted for me thus far. I don't have a recipe for this as I cooked on the fly. I will pm you with what I can remember.

Well hopefully I'll have this sorted out by noon today. This has had my sweet tooth going crazy between FD4 and DTS but I love some good Smoked Pork too so LB with that Sammie and Rib combo plate not to mention the OMG Smoked Beans! I mean, DAMN!!

Ok, wiping off the monitor and going for another cupa.

LunchBox has the right idea on presentation and how to set up a photo for sure, it mainly came down to a lighting, contrast, and focus issue. I think if LunchBox had taken a really solid photo, it would've shown off his food more and he would've been an easy win. I can't really tell how badly I want to eat something unless I can pretend I'm about to bite into it. Or something. I don't know.

Don't start confusing people now Sum... lol... more depth of field = the opposite of shallow DOF.

I think you guys really want that "Food Photography" TD, never seen so much fuss! Y'all acted like you didn't want it. :lol:

Think part of it is also cause so many of the dishes are stand outs that you have to start looking in more detail to decide which to vote for and each time you go back and forth trying to narrow it down something else catches your eye -- the pic wouldn't much matter if the food didn't stand out already but when every entry makes your mouth water from the description then you start drooling even more over the photo !!

Finally I just listened to my stomach and cast my vote for LunchBox. All of that smoky pork and then to put the beans right on top of the fire in the smoke box. Perfect!

I too went with LunchBox. Baked Beans and Ribs.... Mmmmmmm
My only 2¢ is, don't try so hard. A lot of foo on your plate that wan't necessary.

Ahh man, now I feel bad for pickin on you. :) You still got my vote based on your effort, and flavor profile. :D

Yeah...as I was slicing some savina and green onion strips...my wife comes up to me in the kitchen...and said..."WTF are you doing...it's BBQ." I said..."But I like savinas...and green onions..." She then, appropriately, rolled her eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back