• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Chopped TD

Who made the BEST entry with Apples, Peanut Butter, Bourbon, and Pork?

• Booma - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/32286-begin-chopped-fight-for-independence/page__st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lady Sic [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/32286-begin-chopped-fight-for-independence/page__s

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
The secret ingredients were:

Apples
Peanut Butter
Bourbon
Pork

Who made the BEST appetizer, entree, or dessert?

God the variety is insane this month. I have every entrant open and will be comparing all. This will not be easy - might hold off on voting for a while...

ok, Marcie killed it for the name. lmfao :rofl:

sponsored by America and Freedom is my new favorite thing ever. hahaha

the flavors that SL's entry brings to my mind's eye are awesome - love the idea of the snappy apple flavor with a thai-style peanut sauce and savory pork - you just KNOW that works.

still reading, many more to go.

the meatballs look awesome too - wish I could taste that peanutbutter curry - imagine it's a bit like Mussaman curry...yum.

Juju motorboated her pork loin. yowza!

Rooster killed it with their 1st entry - love me some spring rolls - those flavors sound fantastic together, and this is the best "appetizer" style dish so far.

The deserts are all ridiculous. wow

geeme's cookies - omfg. wow. I KNOW I want one right now. wow.

Frydaddy's waffle bowl is awesome too.

Lady Sic throwin down! yum! One of my early favs.

P.K.'s apple pie too - this is really not gonna be easy.

Rocket's smoked pork & cabbage looks fabulous - love those flavors too. I'd probably slap that pork on top of the cabbage and eat it all as one thing. Yum.

Fatty for independence is insane - I've made something similar before (hotdog-stuffed cheeseburgers wrapped in bacon) - I'm sure it was rich and salty and awesome. In your face freedom loving heart attack on a plate too, so bonus points for being an all American explosion. A little american flag toothpick lit on fire would have only made this more awesome, whereas on other dishes it would look tacky.

Deathtosnails - you have got to be sh!ttin me. That thing is seriously chef's caliber. What a remarkable cake!!!!!

LB's entry looks awesome - I just don't know if it's 1 dish (or if it has to be? dunno....) I'd nom nom nom that all day though!

OMG -- How to make a decision here with so many wonderful looking dishes --- Really makes you wish it was a real episode of the show and you were one of the judges forced to eat them all !!! It is amazing how well everyone did putting these ingredient baskets together and every entry seems like it would work.

In the end had to go with SalsaLady --- actually think Plan B wound up better than the original plan would have. Though I'd be more than happy making a meal out of any combination of these Appetizer - Entree and deserts anytime ! :clap:

I'm not much of a dessert guy, but Deathtosnails got my vote. Nicely done sir!

Tons of creativity in this TD, and every entry looks delicious!

I am still very undecided on what entry will get my vote. There are so many that look and sound very scumptious!
I will share with everyone that the yogurt marinade was a trick I picked up while discussing this throw down with some customers.
I personally have never used it until now, but the results are outstanding! If you chose to grill or smoke just add some olive oil.
The result was a super tender meat that we literally cut with a plastic fork. I don't really care if you vote for my entry or not, if you haven't tried this technique, you need to!

Holy hot damn, I totally missed that this was even happening and then BOOM I stumble in here. WTH!?!

Nice work everyone! Not going to be an easy choice. So far, fine camera work everyone!

:drooling:

Dang It!!! I was doing such a great job keeping up with the entries, taking my time savoring the words and drooling over the pics, then CRAP!

...Our server went down. By the time we got back online, there were a ton of awesome, beautiful, original entries and I got completely overwhelmed!!!!!

Now I'm just hungry. I'll have to refocus tomorrow....

EXCELLENT job everyone!!! :D

At this point...I'm actually leaning toward RocketMan...

Anyone who takes pork, cabbage, and peanut butter...and REFUSES to go Asian-style...has "a pair" in my book.

$#!+ last minute posting made me forget a few important ingredients. Those sliced apples were marinated with sliced fatalii and flambeed with them. And ALL was added in the wrap.

I'm an idiot.

wow......I just had a HUGE response for everyone's dish typed out.....and then I had to go and get greedy to look at someone's dish again and forgot to cut out my response......man that sucks.

Everyone's dish...there are no words to describe how well everyone did. This is the hardest TD I have ever had to vote on. Well done everyone.

Calm down, Sum.....you are obviously not an idiot! How many crowns do you have so far? Maybe this was just a way for you to gracefully allow the rest of us a shot at it, lol

Calm down, Sum.....you are obviously not an idiot! How many crowns do you have so far? Maybe this was just a way for you to gracefully allow the rest of us a shot at it, lol

hahaja... also just realizied I forgot to mention the bacon strip wrapped up in that roll.

Too much hhhhwhiskey... and/or time was running REALLY short. Don't know if Boss will edit these into my final TD post, but no matter... I think I've been beat.

Is this a record for ladies in the comp? Sweet!

Well Done, everyone, I'll be perusing the culinary extravaganza tomorrow evening.

hahaja... also just realizied I forgot to mention the bacon strip wrapped up in that rol
Too much hhhhwhiskey... and/or time was running REALLY short. Don't know if Boss will edit these into my final TD post, but no matter... I think I've been beat.
If it makes you feel any better, I pushed mine through before I had to go to work, and actually SHUSHED! Papa Sic while I was typing!
I think, perhaps, I'm only telling you this to serve as a public apology to him...........Sorry, Mr. Sic
These things can get the best and worst of you.

Yep...Rocket gets it...read what he did, people...it's art.

WOW, Thank you for your vote and man, art. That's the best compliment I've ever had for cooking. I'm honored you appreciated it and if nothing else, try the Bourbon Apple Butter. The Bourbon addition really kisked the flavors up a notch.

Now back to rereading, trying to control the drool and deciding which one to vote for, this aint going to be easy with so many great entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back