• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! FINAL ROUND - Pizza Party Throwdown Overall

Best Pizza

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very tight race!

Let's get those votes in people!

There were 29 amazing pies in the last poll and these are your top 5! So who is the best pizza maker of THP???? Let us know with your vote!

Dammit the poll closed at 7:09 am instead of 7:09 pm. Caught it right at 3:09 though so the lost 8 hours added.

Get your vote in by 3:08 am, 3:09 it is locked! :)

Listen, do me a favor and don't PM me how you think I voted wrong because "you know" what the pie I voted for tasted like because he did blah blah to it etc. You didn't eat it! What's your point Mr. Perfect?

My vote came down to JayT and FreeportBurn.  Pic1, visually your deep dish won me over, it looks perfect, and judging by the ingredients it probably would give Rudy and Lou both a run for their money, but even thought I am from Chicago, deep dish isn't what I usually crave when I want pizza.  Jay's pizza would have nailed it for me if he'd used something like goat cheese or gorgonzola instead of the feta.  FreeportBurn took it in the end with the jerk lamb and homemade mozz. 

Props to everyone's pizza.  I'd gladly stuff any of them down my facehole. Had to get real nit-picky at the end to even decide on a vote. 

There's something right in the universe if the chef who made the cheese takes the overall crown ...

I voted for JT, actually, because I've never had lamb and because Bacon Jam keeps making my mouth water each time I read about it ...

Proxied kudos to Rocketman through JT ...

The Hot Pepper said:
Dammit the poll closed at 7:09 am instead of 7:09 pm. Caught it right at 3:09 though so the lost 8 hours added.

Get your vote in by 3:08 am, 3:09 it is locked! :)

Listen, do me a favor and don't PM me how you think I voted wrong because "you know" what the pie I voted for tasted like because he did blah blah to it etc. You didn't eat it! What's your point Mr. Perfect?
with this im all done here- wow who took all the fun out of this???? some people must really take this shit way to serious. very sad very sad. thin I will walk over to the neighbors and have beer and laugh about this 

Hey Rawk I was thinking bleu too it just makes sense you usually see it with those types of ingredients but then I remembered he said dessert and that's the reason he chose a more neutral white salty cheese, to complement the sweet. The blue would overpower the more subtle notes he was hitting imo. I give Jay props for his selections. If it worked it is some Iron Chef or Chopped Champion shit, because those are the types of shows where you would be given an onion for dessert. Jay did it by choice.

Great competition guys! Keep the votes going!

grantmichaels said:
I can't decide if I want to laugh or cry knowing that ...
A guy can't vote in peace without being told what was wrong with the pie in a PM. Hey got something to say? Say it to the person who made it! I don't need to know I voted wrong. I guess it makes him feel better to let me know that. Wow!

FreeportBum said:
with this im all done here- wow who took all the fun out of this???? some people must really take this shit way to serious. very sad very sad. thin I will walk over to the neighbors and have beer and laugh about this 

:rofl:

Beer and laugh about it. I will do the same.

:cheers:

I love the spirit of recreating recipes!

Hope we can see some pics!

I actually contemplated bleu cheese for a bit.  I thought it would be too strong of a flavor so I went with the feta.  Boss, can you take your vote back please?  I hate all this improper voting.  I think we should all just vote for "him" and be done with it.

The Hot Pepper said:
Hey Rawk I was thinking bleu too it just makes sense you usually see it with those types of ingredients but then I remembered he said dessert and that's the reason he chose a more neutral white salty cheese, to complement the sweet. The blue would overpower the more subtle notes he was hitting imo. I give Jay props for his selections. If it worked it is some Iron Chef or Chopped Champion shit, because those are the types of shows where you would be given an onion for dessert. Jay did it by choice.
Oh I think his flavors and selections were great, I just am not a big feta fan, kinda like a geeme and bp thing, although I do think feta has its place in some savory dishes, its usually too salty for me.  I say gorgonzola because if you get the younger zola it doesn't have that overpowering flavor that most other bleu cheeses have here.  Its creamier and more mild and actually called "dolce".  It works perfect with pears and smokey flavors.  I'd like to take that bacon jam and spread it on a cracker with some zola and a slice of pear. 

The only time I purposely get the 'zola is on the local brick oven place's quad fromage ...

I'm mostly against all of the full-bodied cheese variants that remind me of the the other dank - locker-room ...

That's a good pie Gadget, I have some slices in my fridge. I thought someone would do one as a Cheese Lovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back