• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! Five Dollar Feast

Who made the best use of $5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just amazing what they all did with a five spot. i spend a fin as im waiting to pick up my pizza just ta take da edge off. Salsalady im a bit confused i never saw anyone buy 7 pieces of penne. they sell less than whole bags where you are?

Yet another tough decision...from a great bunch of entries!
And,considering these tough financial times,I appreciate you showing me how to get even fatter for less money.

Am I missing something? I am not on the poll. Was I disqualified for something?
Oops thanks for noticing, you are in there now. I don't think you missed any voteds or someone would have mentioned it, but...

If you did mean to vote for JayT instead of another let me know before the deadline and I'll edit!

No, it's just a human error, no drama. Sorry Jay.

Oops thanks for noticing, you are in there now. I don't think you missed any voteds or someone would have mentioned it,

So what you are saying is that no one out of the seventeen people that voted so far would have voted for me anyway? Is my entry that bad? :lol:

So what you are saying is that no one out of the seventeen people that voted so far would have voted for me anyway? Is my entry that bad? :lol:
Nah, you did awesome work there! obviously I would have liked it better if ya had a meats pizza. :D

Man, that was really tough. It's not like the Iron chef where you can have a possible 20 points on creativity, efficiency, etc. More like a picture menu... which ONE do you want to eat? Great job everyone!
A tip-of-the-hat to Paulky, again, for being the first to get five crowns!

my god... i have take a look on all recepies...

i was so laughing hard when i saw a bill for 7 penne pasta and 3 chunk of califlower!
that should have been embarassing at the cash ;)

congrats to all! i love this kind of contest! brings a lots of new idea and plenty of way to save some money for great recipe!

when the next one will start ? 10$ for the next one?

i love you all!
your are a great community here :)

:onfire:

After much deliberation I have come to my conclusion.

I've been between Salsalady, Sumbits, Zdecker, and JT (the others looked awesome too, no disrespect).

I have this cajun shrimp recipe that I make that is similar to Zdeck's entry.
Shrimp, creamy gravy, spices, etc...
ALWAYS served with warm crusty bread for mopping up the sauce afterwards.
Also for dipping in the pan before it's served, just before getting slapped for messing with dinner before it's ready.
Every time I make it, I spend a pretty penny. Somehow ZD did it for five bucks.

Zdeck gets my vote. Awesome job.
I'm tempted to throw some sausage in mine next time.

Great throwdown everyone. This one messed with my mind. I can't believe nobody did Ramen, after all the talk...

Looking forward to next month!

your are a great community here

It's the best!! Welcome aboard. I hope you enter something next month!
Get on drunken chef for practice.
Same people, more booze.

my god... i have take a look on all recepies...

i was so laughing hard when i saw a bill for 7 penne pasta and 3 chunk of califlower!
that should have been embarassing at the cash ;)

Hey hammerfall, I'm glad it made you smile, :D

and yea, I did get a few funny looks. Oh Well, they know I'm the crazy Salsalady anyway and they're used to me ordering strange things like 'gator...

Thanks for the votes so far, guys. As always, there isn't one dish I wouldn't chow down on!

Looks like the P2K 5 Crown $5 winner will get her 5th crown... how fitting (it it happens).

This was a TOUGH TD to vote on, everyone's dish was amazing. As always, I wanted to vote for everyone, and I would chow down on all of the dishes in this TD. In the end I voted for myself - not for getting another vote, but because I really loved the simplicity of what I turned out, and I loved the garnish treatment. Taste... AWESOME. Best dish I've ever made.

Cheers to All! :beer:

Sorry guys... photog skills might be compromised tonight... Too many Busch Lights. But Bear was on point... and swore he saw him, that's good in my book.

Lincoln was scratching the banana leaves... again... so we ran out, beers in hand, and tried to capture him in a picture.

Bear's got it on lock. I can see where he's pointing... Lincoln is there!!!!

IMG_3905.jpg

After much deliberation I have come to my conclusion.

I've been between Salsalady, Sumbits, Zdecker, and JT (the others looked awesome too, no disrespect).

I have this cajun shrimp recipe that I make that is similar to Zdeck's entry.
Shrimp, creamy gravy, spices, etc...
ALWAYS served with warm crusty bread for mopping up the sauce afterwards.
Also for dipping in the pan before it's served, just before getting slapped for messing with dinner before it's ready.
Every time I make it, I spend a pretty penny. Somehow ZD did it for five bucks.

Zdeck gets my vote. Awesome job.
I'm tempted to throw some sausage in mine next time.

Great throwdown everyone. This one messed with my mind. I can't believe nobody did Ramen, after all the talk...

Looking forward to next month!

It's the best!! Welcome aboard. I hope you enter something next month!
Get on drunken chef for practice.
Same people, more booze.

:woohoo: Thanks FD4! Bear was wrong about you, your an OK guy :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back