• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BURGER - Burger Throwdown..Post it here!

Who has the winning burger?

• THP's Sausage and Peppers Chilihead Style Burger

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • ImpyChick's Brekkie Burger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AlabamaJack's Supper Burger

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • JayT's Bacon Mushroom Burger

• chilehunter's Dagwood Burger

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • QuadShots' Brekky Burger of %$#@#'n DooM

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • texas blues' Notorious Salmon Sliders

• FiveStar's Organic Sirloin Burger

• texas blues's Notorious Awesome BaconFatBurger of Ultimate Win

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Blister's Inside-Out Burger

• Captian Murphy's The Monsta Mac

• patrick's Slaughter House Burger

• Blister's Inside Out Buffalo-Beef Burgers w/Bacon Wrapped

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • THP's THE BEAST

• SumOfMyBits Hab Dough Burger

• texas blues' Drunken Deep Fried Bacon Hell Burger

• Ashen's Smoked Turkey Club Burger

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magnificent thread!

I have just gone through every post for the second - in some cases third - time, after having to break for breakfast and two lunches! Choosing a winner is just a bitch, but I've chosen purely on pics, no chatter, and even avoided seeing who made what, wherever possible!!

Good work, guys - thank you! ... *nips off to vote*...

Thanks to whom voted for thy BEAST. Hast made my day ;)

Sadly...it was probably mrs. blues. TB FAIL.

The Beast DID have some major awesomnessess goin' on! I would have eated it!

Cheers, TB.

Novacastrian said:
Hey TB i voted for your Drunken Deep Fried Bacon Burger From Hell.

Not quite sure why.

Ahh much obliged Nova. I reckon I can't rightly answer the question as to the "why" that particular abomination was allowed to spawn. Think about it...if you were to eat it all in one sitting, you would then lie down and take a nap for a couple hours thereby allowing it to incubate. When you awake...lots of screaming and gnashing of teeth, followed by an alien bacon chest burst.

Be afraid. Be very afraid..

Cheers, TB.

My last burger failed... :(

Plan was: I'd marinated a lenthwise sliced hotdog in Lust sauce over night, then was gonna wrap the beef around it layered with cheese inside as well.

Meat had sambal olek, hoisin sauce, red pepper, onion & ginger powders and such stuff. Toppings were gona be thinly sliced and carmelized ginger, mushroom and onion.

Everything went fine until I went to cook it....turns our the non-labeled ground beef I had was too high a fat content and it just fell apart when it cooked, even though it'd initially rolled up ok.

So, I'm making tacos with it instead.

The Asian-Style Lusty-Weiner-Burger will havta wait for another day... ;)

QuadShotz said:
My last burger failed... :(

Plan was: I'd marinated a lenthwise sliced hotdog in Lust sauce over night, then was gonna wrap the beef around it layered with cheese inside as well.

Meat had sambal olek, hoisin sauce, red pepper, onion & ginger powders and such stuff. Toppings were gona be thinly sliced and carmelized ginger, mushroom and onion.

Everything went fine until I went to cook it....turns our the non-labeled ground beef I had was too high a fat content and it just fell apart when it cooked, even though it'd initially rolled up ok.

So, I'm making tacos with it instead.

The Asian-Style Lusty-Weiner-Burger will havta wait for another day... ;)

Hmmm..."Asian Style Lusty Weirner Burger"...That is just sooo wrong or is it just sooo right? Let's find out from some real Asians 'kay?

Hititalittle.jpg

Quad FTW!!

Cheers, TB.

thehotpepper.com said:
Thanks to whom voted for thy BEAST. Hast made my day ;)

Guilty as charged. The sheer ingenuity of a sausage shaped burger......
Besides it seemed most were made for shock value and clogged arteries than for taste and practicality.

SeeYouJimmy said:
Guilty as charged. The sheer ingenuity of a sausage shaped burger......
Besides it seemed most were made for shock value and clogged arteries than for taste and practicality.
Thank you sir! I'm glad you saw it as a no-frills delicious BEAST. Try one, seriously. It tasted great!

I'd gladly order damn near everyone of these burgers posted, every burger is unique & tasty looking in their own way. congrats to everyone!!

TB - I think you've reached your weekly saturated fat intake all in the matter of this weekend :shocked: damn you need to add some more veggies :P

Bottom line, we all won. We have a summer's worth of each others burgers to make and tweak. All of our friends should consider themselves blessed as we serve them the latest and greatest THP Burgers.

Captain Murphy said:
Bottom line, we all won.
That's a nice thought but TB may think otherwise as he is cleaning house :lol:

Werd CM. I didn't even vote for myself thanks to TB's burger enveloped by 2 grilled cheese sandwiches! I like grilled cheese almost as much as pie. AND THP's BEAST raises the question of "what REALLY makes it a burger?"

Thread edited.

Keep this thread clean please!!!

A funny sexual innuendo pic is fine, but getting into the other stuff is not. Come on. It's a food thread.

thehotpepper.com said:
Thread edited.

Keep this thread clean please!!!

A funny sexual innuendo pic is fine, but getting into the other stuff is not. Come on. It's a food thread.

ok,ok, thats fine, maybe crossed the line. but its true & funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back