• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Mexi-Que Throwdown

Vote!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A website to read other websites instead of reading that website directly because it is supposed to be easier.  :rofl:

I don't think it's a web app ...

I think it's a native app designed around the concept of being faster for being native, and which facilitates being able to participate in multiple forums more easily ...

But they change the UX all the time, break the UI and functionality, and have the worst test suite for regression testing on the history of the planet to my knowledge ...

I've never seen an iOS app go backwards as fast, as quickly, or as often as Tapatalk ...

They should be ashamed, really.

JHP's looks tasty but it's the same exact pork as a sandwich and a taco. I would have rather seen one of those than the same meat used twice. Or put it in beans or something. If I order a combo plate I don't get plated pulled pork and a pulled pork sandwich, so this one does not tempt me as a whole. Tasty but not the optimal combo plate.

D3monic had my eye, that's a nice plate and nicely fused.

The most tempting is the Yucatan spiced ribs, smoked chicken enchilada, Mexi slaw, and corn. That's a fine fusion combo right there, and cooked perfectly. Beautiful salsa verde as well.

I don't know if this will do any good but Ozzy gets the vote!

I could almost always vote for JHP, but I get bored and often vote against it ...

At the end of the day, I couldn't tease apart BigB, D3, Ozzy, and SF on this one ... they were relatively equal? ...

Some had better or worst pictures, and seemingly the one's that had one thing, were deficient in some other way ...

I have my own baggage/skeletons about large spreads -vs- inspired single-item entries in TD's ...

So, this time, I held my vote and waited to apply it when the field of title-contenders was reduced ...

To make it fun, I tied it up, and gave JHP the vote since I've withheld votes from his stuff to give them to other people in the past, and I have always been a fan of the slaws coming out of Casa Joyner ...

Key made the single item I wanted to try the most.

BigB made what I think was the best spread, but I can't tell well enough because of the pictures and I have too much precedent on pictures to disregard that now, without looking foolish myself.

Ozzy's whole plate is VERY appetizing in appearance. I was really torn, but Danielle voted for Ozzy here ...

Bah ... too hard. Want multiple choice.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Thanks all, I could have just did two sliders but wanted to see which I liked. I didn't even use the other pork butt that I cooked at all for this since it was just normal and not Mexican spiced or injected. I was tired and lazy by the end and just happy I even got it posted by 10, thanks for all those who have voted!

:D Cooked perfectly. Bangin' slaw.

SmokenFire, JHP, and FreeportBum are officially on notice now ... I'm raising the bar for my vote ...

You guys join PIC1, SoFlo, and Booma (at least, there's others I'm not thinking of, I'm sure) as having to have an element of outdoing yourselves to get my future votes ...

Another little interesting thing to me, is I'm finding a whole bunch of well-matched cooks between Ozzy and D3 (taco td, pex's taco, and here off the top of my head) ...

I might see if I can't come up w/ a little prize just to see a head-to-head sometime in the future =)

image-9.-never-bride.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back