• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Pizza Throwdown

Best Neapolitan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hot Pepper said:
You have to put trust in all of them. For all we know the best looking Nappy could taste like a salt bomb.

Nah, that's a beauty ... I can't imagine that NOT tasting good.

"But something magical happens to citrus when it hangs out in a hot oven. It takes on a sweeter, slightly-burnt complexity—like crème brûlée that's actually good for you."

Like fucking crème brulee ...  like how yolk goes nutty when it's just right ...

Magical.

Perfectly golden corn meal balls and English muffin notes, brown butter, maple-bourbon, roasted orange, coffee, creamy mascarpone ... and a little MoA twist ...

Come on. It can't be just me and eleven of my closest friends ...

I'd give him the 5x points ahead of his Vastedda to have them in the breakfast category to make it a close race, LOL ...

This isn't about crown's ... this is about what's right in the world ... and that pie's all right.

:D

tctenten said:
You may want to rethink this formula.

Awww ...

14212084_10102626114547297_6627163420936977622_n.jpg

it's right

48 is the norm

one day each extra cat so +3

2 days plus 3 = 5

just says 24 plus all cats 1 + 4 same thing buddy

TC
TC
GRANT
TC

TC's Nappy makes me happy.

Vastedda - This may be the best pie of the whole thing. Looks like a really good calzone from a WFO that never got folded. Love the rusticity. Excellent crust, I really like the way it rose, it's mountainous. The floured-edge appearance of a rustic loaf, the simple flavors that work together. Even though Vastedda is a Southern dish this comes across very Northern as a pizza. This is my fave of the whole shebang.

Grant's - I like sweet breakfast, I like savory breakfast. Sweet wins here. The savory is a bit generic and I just want my cup o joe reading Grant's, no matter what time it is. This is one where the ingenuity paid off and is readable in pics as well as description, as it hints at flavors we all know (and it's very danishy). Even though there are only 2 here this is near the top of the heap for them all.

Dessert - One scoop of vanilla and a steaming hot cup of coffee, I will slide right up to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back