• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Pizza Throwdown

Best Neapolitan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Hope you're in next month for Soup and Sandwich.

geeme said:
There were some great entries in this TD. But the one I absolutely most wanted to try was Grant's brekkie pie. In fact, if you make another one and slap it in a box with some dry ice and ship it my way, I'll be even more impressed. Please? ;)

Thanks geeme, I fully intend to repeat that pizza! ;)

I wonder if I could chamber vac it? Hmmm ... could probably freeze, and then chamber vac ...

That could be a fun endeavor ...

The Hot Pepper said:

I really like the mini pepperoni. Those would have been my choice if I had done the disassembled pizza like I wanted. 

I had the idea to make a garlic and basil crust cut into strips, ramano cheese pizza sauce for dipping, fried pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese curds and some other stuff. Alas work messed that up to my guts relief. 

There's some good races here keep voting...

I love the pizza TD's here. The first pizza TD after I joined is what encouraged my to start participating in them. This TD did not disappoint. Everyone did a great job and it was enjoyable reading through them all. I was going to abstain from voting because I do not like voting for myself, but that would not be the right thing to do. I voted for my Neapolitan and my ATG's pizza. The Neapolitan was one of my best executed pizzas to date and I tried to replicate what I know a Neapolitan pizza to be. I voted for my Vastedda pie because it was just that good. Ashen I was real close to voting for your pie here, it had everything I liked for toppings. I went with Grant's breakfast pie. I am a sucker for sweetness and that thing looked like it would have made my sweet tooth happy. Lastly I went with SOS's dessert pie. I like chocolate chip cookies better than apple pie and he nailed the presentation.

Really a great job by everyone.

I like the fact that every pizza TD ,  the bar just keeps getting higher. 

the only Category I was conflicted in was the breakfast pie.     Grants pie made me slightly angry.  If your title says bourbon , I want bourbon.   Missed opportunity for Flambee action.  :hell:  :hell:    Put the  barrel aged maple syrup in there too but give me the bourbon..  :P

1010 nailed the crust on that , that picture of of the bottom of that was may favourite of the entire TD.    Unfortunately , when I look at the other pictures all I see is dry eggs, especially if you call them scrambled. I cannot abide dry

scrambled . Edit: I just reread the description of that pie.. I guess they weren't called scrambled, scramble was just a word for the process of mixing.

Everyone in Canada knows that 4 is magical.  :cheers:

07163323.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back