• chilliman's Big Bertha Giant Beer Bun & Skinless Chilli Dog

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • moyboy's Red Hot Chipotle Oktoberfest Sausages

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • frydad4's Oktoberfest Sausage Blow

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Quadshotz's Spicy Steak Snausages

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AlabamaJack's Spicy Ziti a la Texas (aka Spaghetti Western)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • SumOfMyBits' The Old College Try

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • POTAWIE's Schlachtplatte

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • texas blues' Chorizo del Mar Po' Boy w/ Bacon Beer Cheese Soup

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teaser
What a great day for making and eating sausage on this beautiful fall day here in Potawie land
Here's two types of sausage that have been smoked for 9-10 hours. Both have different spices and dried peppers, as well as some red jalapeno pieces and a bit of Holsten festbock beer, oh and they are both from freshly ground pork and beef
3977446358_25cd8149c9.jpg

This is the first time I've tried an emulsified sausage, and the first time using cream and eggs in a recipe, but it turned out quite good although not very spicy. I only used a bit of my mulato power in this recipe and it was cooked/simmered in German beer.
Now here's my best wurst. This one is all pork and all good!

3977446380_6d16cb19cf.jpg

No I don't like warm beer;)

Spicy Steak Snausages

AlabamaJack said:
McGyver it Quad...you do so well that way anyway...

You betcha... :)

Well, no grinder so I used a big knife and then my trusty Cusinart:

S6304467.jpg

That's Angus Ball Steak, some bacon fat to lube it up, kosher salt & pepper, onion, lots of hab flakes, cayenne, thyme, rosemary, sage, red pepper powder, a shot of BBQ sauce, and a good sprinkling of Sausage seasoning. (white pepper, coriander, cayenne, mace, spice oils)

Rolled it on the cheap using a way I watched Hubert Keller do once. I'll need to find some string to tie them off before cooking, but for now it's fine.

S6304468.jpg

Cute, ain't they?
S6304470.jpg

Now they need to sit in the fridge for a few hours at least to solidify and meld all those flavors...then it's cooking time!

Some good stuff here from all! I see chilliman was inspired by THE BEAST! LOL

Spicy Ziti ala Texas

OK Gents, here is my entry...calling it "Spicy Ziti ala Texas"

prep work...

Pork Butt cut up and ground...the meat was cold this time and kept in the refrigerator unless I was working with it...came out much better...

100309d001.jpg

Spices used

100309d002.jpg

Shiner Bock Beer Sausage

100309d003.jpg

Stuffed and tied sausages...

100309d004.jpg

Plating next post....

plating of Spicy Ziti ala Texas

a nice rose with the food is delicious and notice the Mexican Oregano flowers on top of the melted mozzarella cheese and a sprig in the center of the "Chili Plates"

100309d008.jpg

I gotta go eat....later all

at the request of the boss...

100309d007-1.jpg

Check out the foo foo ya'll!! Nice label on the wine there AJ! Snausages look great the the plates divine. Tough to beat that one!

I'll be gettin' down to 'bidness about 1900 hrs.

Prost! Tango Bravo.

I don't have the first clue on how to make sausage, but y'all have me drooling so bad. I went to Whole Foods & picked up a couple hot turkey Italian sausages & a couple buffalo & blue cheese sausages. I'm grilling those up right now & they smell sooooooo good. I can't wait to eat them & I can't wait to see more of y'all's creations!

Looks good AJ, got a pic of it a little closer?

Spicy Steak Snausage Brekky Burrito

OK, here's the results.

Boiled up my snausage for about ten minutes.

S6304473.jpg

Decided that since it was brekky time, I'd make a steak 'n eggs burrito.

Sliced up some 'shrooms, jalapeno, and onion. Added beaten eggs w/ a dash of S&P and curry, and the sliced sausage.

Scrambled it all up in a pan with butter and beer.

S6304480.jpg

Plated up in a nice warm tort with cheese, cayenne powder, and some El Pato Green Jalapeno Hot Sauce (not the tinned one) for topping.

S6304486.jpg

Probably not that pretty, but it sure tastes good.
Especially since it's the first time I've ever made a sausage. :D

The Old College Try

This was one really tough meal to make with no experience in sausage making, but I went for it. Nothing pretty, but still pretty good.

P1030606.jpg

~ 1# pork
~ 1# lamb
~ 1/2 cup green onion
Lots of spices
Lots of mess

P1030609.jpg

P1030613.jpg

Came out with three decent shorty links after many casing blowouts. Never used the full amount of sausage mixture.

Cooked the links in beer light with some yellow onion until the onion caramelized. Threw two links in a bun, topped with onion, hab sauce and some fresh hab slices, and side-dressed with deli mustard.
P1030620.jpg

Mmmmm, I loved college.

Excelleny Quady! Adapt. Improvise and Overcome. I have no clue wtf kind of snausage I made last night. Oh nooooos! Posting teaser in Drunken Chef.

Tango Bravo.

Looking good 'n tasty SOMB!

Thx TB, it worked out better than I'd thought. Hell, if I'm gonna pull off a Snack MacGuyver it ought to be my trademark of a burrito eh?

The butter/beer mix for scrambling the stuff really added a wonderful flavor to it all too. I'd wondered if it'd ruin the eggs, but it actually helped I think.

Sausage has a nice spicy flavor and decent warmth, I 'prolly shoulda used more bacon though...heheh.

I'll be doing it again. :)

Thanks Quad. Your sausage shroomin' breaky tort looks pretty awesome as well.
This meal was definitely a challenge. Props to all the entries! Even FD's ridiculous FAIL.

No real foo foo factor for me just sausage, beer, and a bit of spicy mustard. It fed a lot of hungry guys yesterday

I'll call this Potawie's Schlachtplatte

3980046725_37ae2164f6.jpg

3980046751_ea23813ee0.jpg

thehotpepper.com said:
Looks good AJ, got a pic of it a little closer?

added pic to original plating post....

Quad, SOMB, Potawie...looking good bros'

Where is TBs entry?....

'Lawd have mercy ya'll. I posted my teaser pics and chaos and mayhem over in The Drunken Chef thread. Here's 2 piccy's of my entry...

Chorizo del Mar Po' Boy w/ Bacon Beer Cheese Soup

This seafood snausage was salmon, shrimp and scallops, 'penos, onion, garlic, cream, and Hungarian and Spanish paprika's. It rocked!!

IMG_1587.jpg

One more...

IMG_1588.jpg

After viewing these pics....would you hit it???

Salute! Tango Bravo.

Very nice everyone. Ya know, everyone's entries are nice. Potawie is definitely a pro. TB, extra points for the cheese and beer soup. AJ definitely gets the foo foo award. But, I gotta go with Moyboy. That stuff looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back