• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! SumOfMy Dutch Oven Cooking Throwdown

Who has the best?

• JayT - Watch Your Six Pepper Pork

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew! <Mops sweat from brow. Takes a pull on the Ice Cold Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA> THAT, was one of the hardest decisions I’ve made!

Wheebz – You pulled the maximus with the minimus on that one. Beautiful Cioppinno man!

SalsaLady – Great way to combine Fire and Ice. I’d just dish me up a plate of the firey goodness and a seat in the cold snow and chow down.

Sum – Holy Hot Dammmmmmm, my Flo Bro! That Chorizo Eye of Round, you caught me there. The stuffed Poblano set the hook but the Pineapple upside down cake reeled in my vote.

Congratulations to all the amazing Chefs who entered. Everything looked wonderfully delicious.

All the entries looked great. Awesome throwdown! Very creative ideas. SL in the snow was a great photo moment!
Ultimately had to go with Sum. It's his turn! He showed up again! Hope the votes hold up this time. Great pictures, great idea, the complete trifecta of a meal!

Had to go with the Boliche of Sum. Awesome job! I would of scoffed the lot.

Big kudos to SL for another great entry. As everyone else said, the snow backdrop looks great!

Good job by all I say. Gotta love these here Throw Downs :D

everyone's entry looked great. for me it came down to sum and sl. since i love mexican food and i love to grill in the snow, i had to go with sl. nicely done!

Like a lot of folks said, it's between SB and SL. Both were true D/O feasts and kudos to SL for the outdoor cookin in the snow, but the deciding factor for me was desert and I love pineapple upside-down cake.

In voting I had to ignore the one pic with the sausage protruding from the roast, there was just something wrong there and if I speculated I'd probably get banned.

So Sum it's kinda looking like you'll get your crown, maybe I will too one day.

TB...this was not a mercy vote. How in the hell has no one picked yours yet?

Regardless, it looks amazing, and you shall come visit me, and make this.

TB...this was not a mercy vote. How in the hell has no one picked yours yet?

Regardless, it looks amazing, and you shall come visit me, and make this.

Much obliged LB. However, even I succumbed to the sheer awesomenessess of SoFlo and Sum. My pics were okay but his were out of this world. Having a banana tree in the kitchen put it over the top.

Peace and out from Elko Nevada.

My vote went to SL, both you and Sum went all out in the spirit of the competition, but I always vote based on my initial reaction of which one besides my own, would I love to eat. Those enchiladas got me. The snow was a nice touch.

Midwest - really liked the look of your green chile, and would love to try it sometime.
TB - bless your heart, not only did your chimi look good, but you almost got my vote just for trying so dang hard!
SL - love me some good enchiladas, and had you used the traditional corn tortillas would have definitely taken my vote.
Sum - Yeah, you know...... WIN THIS THANG!!!!

OK, okay, I gotta pull the trigger and vote!

THANK YOU for the votes! Salsakid... I think he was just voting for the peach cobbler! :lol: We had a ton of fun and made some great grub. We've been eating enchiladas for 3 days. Got a little carried away with the hot sauce on Day 2 and ..... well... enough of that.... Marcie, was it the gold scrunchies? :lol: Hope to see you in the next one.

I'm not going to cover everyone's great dishes, but I did want to mention geeme's corned beef. That was a true comfort food I can relate to. I don't get to make it that often as the rest of the family is not that hot on corned beef, but your dish was colorful and I could envision the tastes. Nice Job!

TB's dog bowl, wheebz's non-existent kitchen, borrowing DOs from the neighbor...everyone rose to the challenge and brought first class entries. We've never cooked outside with a DO like this before, it was a great chance to do something different and learn about something new.

Side Note- no Aussies entered this TD? :think: No CI down under??? (j/k)

Looks like SumBits has it shaked, baked, and wrapped up in a banana leaf! YEAY!!!! You did it! That triple stack of CI was a beauty to behold! Well Done M8! :clap:

And finally,I gotta give a chop to our amigo wheebz, for cooking a delicious-looking dish without a kitchen counter. Where'd you put the cutting board to cut the bread??? On top of the microwave? Straddled between two chairs...or on the floor? Great job jumping in and making something with nothing to work with. I'd love to share a bowl of that cioppino with you anytime!

Thanks again to EVERYONE for a really fun challenge! WELL DONE to ALL!

Thanks for the votes, midwest and chileaddict. Gosh darned it, though, you're going to ruin my rep.... :lol:

geeme, your TD entry struck a chord...a harmonious chord....with viewers. Good Job. Watch Out! It might happen again if you're not careful!
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back